“clean and fast food is ok”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #354 of 695 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Clearwater, Florida
“clean and fast food is ok”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Applebees is always clean,prompt service.Food is ok.

Visited January 2012

Clearwater, Florida
“Usually a reliable choice”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I like Applebees and have eaten in a great many different Applebees locations across the country. They have plenty of variety in their menu, which changes from time to time, and include choices for dieters and vegetarians. They are also good about making alterations to items on the menu in order to accommodate dietary needs of their diners. My only complaint is that - for a chain restaurant - the quality of the food and drinks seems to rely far too much on who is in the kitchen or behind the bar on any particular day. It should be more predictable, although the meals are always acceptable and a safe choice when traveling.

Visited February 2012
USA
“What has happened to this chain?!”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

This review is not ONLY for this particular Applebees, but also the one in Oldsmar, Florida.

I've always loved going to Applebees since I was a kid. They had a great menu, good food, wonderful atmosphere and quick service. However, something has gone terribly wrong recently.

I don't know if these Applebees have the same owner, or it's just the chain in general but the last 3 times (yes 3 times so shame on me for trying so hard to justify them) that I've gone to these Applebees it has been the same thing:
1. Horrible food quality - Chef Boy Ar Dee kills them in quality
2. Cold food - did they quit using heaters to keep the food warm or what?
3. Small portions - either I'm growing like a giant or the plates are getting smaller, or the portions are smaller - something is amiss!
4. Horrendous service - Hello??? Do you know what TIP means???

I just can't say enough about how downhill these restaurants have gone. It's a tad upsetting because I used to like them so much.

If you are in the area and on the brink of starvation I would suggest either Taco Bell or the dumpster behind the grocery store Publix - in either case the quality and serving size will be better than Applebees!!!

Visited December 2011
Angelsey
“Great food very poor reception”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Pulled off the highway could see, they were busy, decided to wait, one member of staff in lobby did n t say anything to us (how long wait) we were stood waiting at least 10 minutes before girl on till asked if we had given our name, which we had not as she was just standing there playing with her hair and nails, once we did get a table the service and food were excellent and could not be faulted. its was the attitute of these to girls that really let them down, they gave the impression that they didn t want to be there

Visited March 2011
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Outstanding Steaks!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

We stopped by here for their annual free dinner for Veterans on Veterans Day. As expected there was about a half hour waitat the dinner hour. From the four entrees available we chose the 7 oz. Sirloin. They were served in a very short time, piping hot and cooked to perfection, just the way we ordered and they were delicious. Our servor was knowledgeble and very friendly. They have buttons you can push on the table to alert your server in case you need anything. Interior/decor was what you would expect of any Applebee's anywhere. Great Food and Great service!

1 Thank SixcDogTeam