“Very good food!”

Ranked #28 of 706 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I ate here for a business dinner with about 50 people. The vendor worked with restaurant to rent a separate room and create a menu with choices.
The food was awesome and so was the wait staff. I had filet and it was cooked perfectly.
The rest of the place was crowded and they had live music.
Highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Bob Heilman's Beachcomber

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We (my wife, her sister and her sister's husband) visited the Beachcomber for dinner on a Wednesday evening. We had reservations but at 8:15PM, we didn't need them. We started off with cocktails (Vodka Gibson, $6.95, VO Ginger $6.45, Bogle Merlot, $7.95 each). My gibson was perfect with the extra onions I asked for. My brother-in-law's VO came nearly full and when he took his first sip he said "wow".... it was then the waiter came by to top off his drink with ginger ale....just a little was required and my brother-in-law was very happy. The wine was fine. My wife and I shared an appetizer order of Clams Casino ($11.95) which was excellent. My brother-in-law ordered the 9 oz Filet ($34.95) which he found great. My wife ordered the Veal Marsala ($23.95) which she loved. My sister-in-law had he shrimp pasta primavera ($18.95) which she also loved. I had the Seafood Platter broiled ($34.95) which contained two types of shrimp, scallops, a very nice piece of fish (probably haddock) and a Maine lobster tail. It was all very good although I felt the two shrimp dishes should have been one with one other shellfish (like stone crab). We finished off the evening with 3 glasses of Baileys ($6.95) and a Bailey's with Decaf ($7.25). Total before tax was $182.15. Adding tax and a generous tip brought the bill to nearly $234. We enjoyed window seats and our waiter (Jose) was wonderful. He left us alone when we didn't need him but was quick to respond. He also joined our conversation (with our encouragement) and brought a good sense of humor as well. Another passing waiter overheard me joking with my brother-in-law and came to the table with a perfect wise crack to bring all of us to near tears with laughter. The background live piano music was the perfect volume for pleasant conversation.
The restaurant was clean and although fairly expensive (there were several other dishes up into the $50 range) we completely enjoyed ourselves. Ordering conservatively and skipping alcohol,, you could get out for about about 1/2 of what we did. You could also double what we did as well! Several couples were sitting outside on a pleasant Clearwater Beach evening. I don't think I would sit outside on a hot evening however.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

The food was fantastic, steak was perfectly cooked and lobster was delicious.
The service was excellent.
Sadly, yet again, the lady on the front desk was her usual unpleasant self - what a shame that ones first impression is marred by this ladies surly, objectionable attitude.
Despite this I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant for great food, good ambiance and very professional service.

4  Thank Nigelmab
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Very classy restaurant, probably not a place to bring children. Service was spectacular and quick, we ordered the trout...it was the best dish we had all week!!! It was full of flavor and melted in your mouth. Be sure to make reservations, they book up fast.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had a family meal with our two children (7 and 10) they thought it was "quite fancy" we all enjoyed the food. We even got vegetables!! It has a slightly more refined feel about it with piano music , nice glasswear etc. (although the TV was on by the bar, we are in America!). Perhaps because we are English but the waiter made a real point of emphasizing that service was not included! The total bill was just over $200 so maybe he was panicing that we would forget.