“best time ever”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Clearwater, Florida
“best time ever”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

we didn't have a reservation, the hostess said there would be a little wait if we would like to have a seat up front or we could go to the bar. We went to the bar and had a bud light and a salted caramel apple martini it was so great. We had so much fun at the bar laughing and joking with the bartenders.The hostess came over and said your table was ready,we payed the bar and went to a wonderful table outside on the patio it was a little chilly so the hostess asked the sever to light a beautiful heater.We asked the sever what would she recommend she said the grouper was wonderful she liked it bronzed with whipped potatoes,green beans. I said that sounds great my husband decided to have a steak and lobster tail everything was great the sever made us feel like we were at home. we will be coming back.

• Turkish first
Dunedin, Florida
“Horrible!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

On October 24,2013 I met my girlfriend and her son at BOB HEILMAN'S BEACHCOMBER restaurant for lunch to celebrate her sons 21st birthday. I arrived at about 1:15 and was seated promptly . The waiter came over and asked me if I was waiting for more people and if I would like a drink . I declined the drink and told him I was starving my party arrived a few moments later the waiter did everything he could to service us quickly. We ordered. The appetizers came out . I ordered a salad, a sirloin burger with blue cheese and bacon ,my girlfriend ordered soup and a chopped steak ,her son ordered stone crab and a prime rib sandwich . The waiter came back out to tell us he was out of prime rib.Luke then ordered a steak and mashed potatoes. the waiter brought Luke and I a soup to hold us over as the strip steak was going to take longer.That was very considerate of him.Our food came out I ate about half of my burger my girlfriend ate a few bites of her chopped steak Luke ate about half of his potatoes when he noticed a bug in the un eaten portion.I discretely motioned the waiter and showed him the bug . He apologized ,took that side-dish away and said , I will get my manager. He called a taxi for my friend as they left the table and went out side.MY girlfriend handed me her credit card before she went outside . I then left the table to wait at the bar for the manager. While I was waiting for the manager the taxi arrived luke came in for his mom's card, the manager still had not come out .I gave Luke back the card ,said I would pay the bill and his mom could settle with me later. A few minutes later the manager came out I took him to show him the un eaten food and the evidence of a ruined birthday lunch . He raised his arms in the air , and Loudly said ,"what do you want me to do about this ?I stood there shocked! I then said to him ," What do you think you should do about this" ?He then yelled at me , ' NOTHING !!! " Then raised his arms inn the air again and stormed off into the kitchen. Sheri who was in the background the whole time approached me I thought I might be able to reason with her.she then put her hands on her hips and in a scolding tone ,said ,DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU ARE TALKING TO MISTER BOB HEILMAN " "she then said, If I didn't pay the bill in full she would have me sent to jail" She then refused to allow the waiter to split the bill so my girlfriend would know what her share of the bill was.I paid the bill . I have been a patron of this restaurant for twenty years My girlfriend lives on the beach and is a regular Patron.

8 Thank Marie B
Dunedin, Florida
“i am shocked!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and friends just left this restaurant. There was a roach in the mashed potatoes. The owner not only didn't apologize but yelled at them and threaten with them jail if they failed to pay the bill for the uneaten and untouched food that was left. After eating there for 20 years I they do not deserve our business anymore.

8 Thank drbiamonte
Fairfax County, Virginia
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere, service and food were awesome! We ate at the bar. We really enjoyed chatting with the bartenders. I had the limoncello as recommended in other trip advisor reviews. It was good but I like it Very Cold and it was not cold enough for me. The scallops were very good.

Visited October 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Long Time Favorite”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Heilman's has been a Clearwater Beach institution since the 1940's and with good reason! Their food is excellent, consistent and the atmosphere fit's all types. Families come back regularly for special meals, Tourist's come here because it's in walking distance.

My wife and I (are local) and we switch between Heilman's and the Bobby's Bistro out back. We like dinner at the bar. The bronzed grouper, the pork chop are standouts. They also have "the best" burger in Clearwater!

Visited October 2013