“Nice dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Erial, New Jersey
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I went for any early dinner and it was delicious. If you want a nice sit down dinner then come here. Sometimes you get sick and tired of bar food all the time and look forward to a nicer meal. If you want a casual burger or sandwich then go somewhere else. I orderd lump crap meat cocktail and believe me the crab meat was huge. I almost went back a second night just for the lump crab meat. My husand ordered surf and turf and loved it. The cocktails were very good. I recommended this place.

1 Thank mandmsj

• Turkish first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Nice stop for dessert and cocktail”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My sweetie and I just stopped by for a drink and dessert after dinner. There were real bartenders that knew what they were doing with booze.

2 Thank jim5ft11
Austin, Texas
“Old school charm...great food”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Excellent fish....hostesses and waiters friendly....bartenders could use a lesson though....best baked Alaska anywhere....early bird special for those who eat by 5:30....

3 Thank Flychix
Ajax, Ontario, Canada
“Service was fine, food was not worth the value”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had heard a few great reviews of this restaurant so my wife and I (we are in our early 30's) decided to check it out. Well, the restaurant decor hasn't been updated in 30 years, first off. The service and wait staff were just fine but the food was well below the value charged. For a $30 plate of ribs, the ribs were plain, boring, and the rib sauce was just ketchup and brown sugar. My salmon was dull and not much was added to it. The "crackers" with the home-made relishes were just packaged saltines that you would get at a McDonalds. Plus they were broken! Then, the breads served with the relishes were desserts! Banana bread and muffins? Just weird. Overall, for the quality that they advertised, the food was just weird. Is this normal for American restaurants? (we are from Canada). The fries were frozen packaged fries. I would not even expect this kind of meal from a $10/plate family restaurant let alone a $30 fancy place like this. We would never recommend this restaurant to anyone and can't imagine why anyone else doesn't realize that the food in this place is so poor!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Stephanie D
NY
“Third time was a charm...glad we went”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We've been to the Beachcomber about 3 or 4 times. (see my review of a few years ago) This time we were very happy with the meal and the service. 2 of us had the farm chicken and one had the shrimp in a casserole dish with spinach and mornay sauce. All 3 dinners were tasty, well-cooked and very enjoyable. The portions were generous....so generous that one of us took home half the chicken in a "doggy bag".
The service was not rushed, very attentive while not being obnoxious. Waitress was well-informed about the menu, didn't have an attitude ,(like the last dude we encountered in this restaurant) The atmosphere has an air of sophistication, it's quiet and reserved and you can actually hear your dining partners talk! The clientele is an older crowd, one who appreciate the finer things in life. No, parents.....this is NOT a restaurant to bring your small kids to. There are plenty other restaurants at the beach for families with kids.
We shall return....Bob Heilman's has redeemed itself for us!

• Visited March 2013