“Pleasant Surprise”

Bob Heilman's Beachcomber
Ranked #29 of 714 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 1948 Fresh Seafood, Prime Steaks Award Winning Wine List, Generous Cocktails located in beautiful Clearwater Beach Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I've lived here(Seminole,Florida)for 33yrs. and never went here..I was on tripadvisor looking for a new place to eat..The decor is dated,but the food and service were outstanding..My Filet Mignon was cooked to perfection and very tender...My wifes Veal Picata was great..
There was a pianist,playing old favorites,softly in the background..I booked my parents 65th anniv. for Nov..

4  Thank bugman33772

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stopped by on Saturday night, no reservation and were promptly seated. Quick wait service, went with a bottle of Alexander Valley Cabernet, which was on special that night..$32.00, reasonable in a fine dining restaurant. I spied the nightly specials which included a starter of Blue Points from Mass.. Typically, down in Florida, I go for the Gulf Apalachicola monsters, but gave it a try. They arrived literaly in minutes and were some of the best I have ever had, fresh,ice cold and their liquor salty sweet. The wife had crab cakes, which were a big hit with her,I had pompano in pappillote with a sherry becemel sauce, which was outstanding. The entrees came with complimentary salad as well. Looking forward to visiting again!

4  Thank sonyibmdrives
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I vacation in Clearwater Beach every winter and discovered The Beachcomber about ten years ago. While it's certainly been updated over the years, it always reminds me of the old fashioned supperclubs of the 60's and 70's right down to the relish tray! In fact, I wouldn't be suprised to see Frank and the Rat Pack walk in sometime! The atmosphere is soft and inviting, the sounds of the piano coming from the bar are wonderful and the food is simply excellent! The service is without question first rate and I always remark that how well trained the staff is, I've never been dissapointed.

3  Thank Jon P
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The food was ok, the staff waited and watched you, but if you are over 75, this may be the place for you

6  Thank DanofSlatington
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The food and ambiance are great! The piano player plays your choice. I have been here numerous time-my choice in CB.

3  Thank Suze1907