“Will never go to Bobby's again!”

Bobby's Bistro & Wine Bar
Ranked #64 of 695 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Largo, Florida, United States
“Will never go to Bobby's again!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Where do I begin? I recommended Bobby's Bistro to my friends so we could celebrate my birthday. The parking lot was full & the valet didn't have anywhere to park the cars so I was late joining my party, stuck in the street/parking lot. While my friends were waiting for me, they asked if they could sample (2) wines that were offered by the glass. For a wine bar, their selection *by the glass" was crappy. The waiter brought the bread & dip out, left it on the table not realizing that we had no silverware, napkins or bread plates. While the server was filling the water glasses, the water spilled & with our reaction, my gift got broken. The salad dressing was bland & seemed watered down. The hamburger was ordered medium well & came out medium rare. It was returned to the kitchen. We had (2) bottles of wine with our meal but we were not impressed with the service nor the food. We ordered decaf coffee & the server indicated that it was taking so long because a fresh brew of decaf was being made. When he brought out the coffee, it was not even luke warm. We had enough & complained to the server. He said that it was a bad night & asked if we wanted to talk to the manager which we said, "yes". Meanwhile, the hamburger was removed from our bill which was the cheapest main course ordered. As soon as the manager came out, he said that we are the folks that wanted to sample the wines. This definitely did not sit well with any one of us. He made us feel like we were at the restaurant for freebies!!!!! We ordered (2) bottles of wine during dinner for heaven's sake so I'm not sure why he was acting this way. We complained about the service to the manager & he didn't even defend his employee & said that in 6 months, this is the first complain he has had. One of my friends stated that they will never come to Bobby's again & while the manger was walking away, he said have a nice day. I feel bad that I suggested Bobby's Bistro to my friends & to have such a terrible evening there.

• Visited October 2012
4 Thank Maria S

Florida
“Regular Excellence”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We eat at the Bistro once or twice a month and have never had food or service that was anything but excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful. The specials we have had were excellent as were the regular menu items.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Tom P
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful little hideaway”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I loved the location of this restaurant. It was hidden back off of the main drag so it was always very "quiet". The food was fabulous and the bartenders know how to mix their drinks!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank duccessoftravel
Omaha, Nebraska
“Its ok. . .”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Food was ok but lacked flavor (except for the steak). The food is a little overpriced for what you get but the most annoying part of the meal was being nickle and dimed by having single serve glass bottle Cokes. We sat outside and it was a steamy night - the fans above did nothing to cool it off. Won't be going back any time soon.

Visited September 2012
Wigan
“Classy establishment but overpriced”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Enjoyed our dining experience as we were a family on vacation. The waiter was very attentive but overall the food was not the best. the roasted garlic served with the fillet steak was stone cold and very bitter... done well roasted garlis is very sweet to taste. The potatoes were tasty but lukewarm.. the fillet steaks were cooked correctly but definitely overpriced compare to other dining establishments. The restaurant need to update, it seems to be trading on its repuatation from years ago rather than on current standards.

• Visited August 2012