“Best pizza on Clearwater Beach!”

Gondolier Pizza Italian Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 725 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited Gondolier in 2011 when we took a family trip to Clearwater Beach. It was delicious then & we went twice that trip. I didn't leave a review, as I'm terrible about making time to do so, but this time I felt that I had to.
This trip was just my aunt and I going for a girl's getaway weekend. Our flight was late arriving and the owner of the condo we were staying at told us only a couple of places would be open and named Gondolier as one. I remembered the name from our previous trip & it was decided. We ordered a ham & pineapple pizza for delivery and it came quickly! Needless to say there were no leftovers. I don't know what kind of cheese they use for their pizza but it makes all the difference. We loved it so much we ordered it again the next night.
I'm hoping to take another family vacation to Clearwater Beach yet this year and Gondolier will definitely be on our list of eateries!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Loved there breakfast in the morning and the food was very good. Nice family oriented atmosphere. Definitly a stop for some great food if you are in the area.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on the way back home for "the best Italian food you will ever have" as sold to me by a fellow vacationer on the beach. We were quickly greeted and seated. The staff was very friendly with all of the customers and seemed to enjoy working there. The kids split a cheese pizza as suggested due to their age and size. They inhaled it. I've never seen them eat so quickly! We ordered the Gondolier special and it was delicious- wouldn't change a single topping. During our meal, an older man sitting behind us asked to see the owner and they brought him out a short time later. The owner was very happy to see him and they sat and chatted in Italian for a few minutes. It was very endearing. We also couldn't resists the darn dessert window (Beware!!), and ordered not one, but THREE desserts. We couldn't finish them since we annihlated our pizzas, but we gave it our best shot. (The turtle cheesecake was heaven!). We will definitely include this in our dining rotation for the next trip. There were so many other options on the menu that I wanted to try. :)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Clearwater for around 7 years and never tried the gondolier. We loved it so much we went twice within two days. I had the pasta rosa and then the lobster ravioli. Both outstanding and my hubby had the chicken Marsala twice. The bread served with the meal is beautiful. Our waiter Christopher was great. This is top of our places to visit when we return to Clearwater.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The night we arrived had dinner and loved it so much went for lunch on the patio the next day! Quality and taste was excellent. Portion sizes and price were great as well. Will go back on next Clearwater trip.