“"Fantastic Restaurant"”

Ranked #17 of 708 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed in Clearwater Beach for 5 days and ate at this restaurant (dine in and take out) for 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 3 dinners. The food was fantastic, portions large and the service was friendly. Depending on the time of day the wait time varied....Friday and Saturday nights were very busy and you can expect a wait time...as at any great restaurant on the 2 busiest nights of the week, but the food was always worth the wait. We would highly recommend!

There are newer reviews for Gondolier Pizza Italian Restaurant

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were on the beach and decided to order to go from Gondolier. after an hour of waiting and we were less than a mile away,the food arrived. I had the chicken salad hardly no chicken old lettuce and watered down ranch dressing, water would of poured thicker if that's possible.My wife had the philly cheese steak.The sandwich was thrown upside down and when it was cut in half the finger marks on bun were like the Grand Canyon all in all this was just food that was put together by people who don't care one side did not have meat because it was all over the styro foam container. We called not a minute after the delivery driver left and ask the manager to please fix this problem. Her name was "Dee'' we were told that the driver was coming back but that never happened! after two hours My wife called for the fifth time and was hung up on! At this point I decided to call I asked who was in charge and was told ''Dee'' I was put on hold then when she answered she said WHAT,I asked is that how you answer the phone? I told her who I was and she said she would not fix the problem and I could not get my money back and if I had a problem to talk with the owners this food with tip was over $30.00. Never have I had a manager not try to fix a order problem I'm thinking of calling ''Kitchen Nightmare'' maybe Gorden Ramsay could try and fix the problem because I feel like we stepped into an episode! Overall if you want bad food made poorly with bad service call Gondolier in Clearwater, FL.

1  Thank moses r
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I went here for dinner around 5:30 after a full day on the beach. We were immediately seated. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. She came back a number of times to refill drinks and check to make sure everything was OK. She took the time to take my wife on a "tour" of the dessert case describing each of the desserts in detail.

We started out with the Caesar salad which was very good and the warm, fresh breadsticks that were served with it were excellent. The waitress brought additional breadsticks for us to enjoy with our dinner. I had the baked lasagna and my wife had the chicken florentine cannelloni. Both of these dishes were delivered to the table (very) hot and were appeared to be freshly made. They were both very delicious. The only complaint I have about the lasagne was with the sauce which I would prefer to have more whole tomatoes rather than being the consistency of tomato soup. But, the lasagna was very tasty and the cheese was stringy! The chicken florentine canneloni was very good. Both dishes were a reasonably large serving.

Following our meal we decided to each try a dessert. I had the oreo cream pie and my wife had the apple crumble cheesecake. Both of the desserts were delicious, but we could have easily shared just one of them. The dessert servings were very large.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The pizza was very good and so was the lasagna. Very good salad and it was
reasonably priced. We ordered take out.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

i am a foodie and don't usually do pizza places, but the reviews were good so I agreed to go. yeah the outdoor seating is by a parking lot but it's not bad at all. the pizza with basil and fresh tomato was really good, not with fresh mozzarella but good none the less.