“Britts??? Dont think we will go back!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Britt's Beachside Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Clearwater, Florida
“Britts??? Dont think we will go back!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We ventured to the redone Britts for lunch....Stood at the door for about 5 minutes nobody came so we just sat at the bar. It was hot and humid inside and no doors were opened..We noticed they had like five or six ductless airconditioners in the restaurant. Only two of them were running. I have never seen them used in a restaurant almost like Air Conditioning was a afterthought??? Wierd!! We ordered a appetizer hummus and deep fried things and a salad. It was good. Then our burgers came they looked good but menu said chips. I was thinking potato chips but they were Nacho chips with some kind of red seasoning shaken on them. Never had that either with nothing to dip them in. The burgers were good, Chips we did not eat. Also parking is really messed up. They have a parking garage and as long as you shop in Surf Style or eat at Britts you can get ur ticket validated. Took it to a cashier at surfstyle along with our reciept from britts he looked at it and said I gave you a Hour?? Wierd. Then we had to take the ticket to the automated machine put it in and then it spit it out?! Not really understanding what the ticket said took it back to the cashier he said you have 10 min to get to ur car and put the ticket in the machine otherwise you pay. I dont think we would go back. There are better places to go to on Clearwater beach. It was just wierd!!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Would not go back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We travel to Clearwater annually for our Mother/daughter vacation. We are always anxious to try new restaurants. Since Britt's is so close to the Hyatt where we always stay, we thought we would give it a try. The service was very slow and the food wasn't very good. I ordered the ribeye steak and the whole meal was just one pile of food. Steak and beans stacked on top of undercooked potatoes. Yuck! Would not go back, even for breakfast.

2 Thank Crescendo012
Boston, Massachusetts
“YOU MUST GO!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

This was my second year heading back to Clearwater and staying at the gorgeous Hyatt. Last year the building next the Hyatt was under construction and we were left with a few open air restaurants a little ways down but not next to the hotel.. and we were very dissapointed in the food.
This year we got there as Brits was reopening right next to the Hyatt in the new building. Though all of the resaturant was not finishished.. the place is destined to be top notch! The staff were so pleasant and you could tell they were happy to be there. The atmosphere is excellent open and airy, new, modern and spacious. the menu was amazing.. the prices were incredible for the food. Everything is homade... EVERYTHING and you can tell. The breadfast were the best, the dinner was incredible. Drinks were made top notch. You felt like you were eating at a top notch swanky restaurant..but yet you could be in a simple beach coverup. I ONLY wish they had a Britt's here back in Boston. I am looking forward to heading back next year not for the vacation..but to eat like a queen again and not go broke doing so. At the Hyatt you can get a buffett breakfast for about 20$ total... I got a huge breakfast a britts with coffee for under $10 with tip. YOU CANNOT BEAT IT! you will not be dissapointed and you HAVE TO GO! Make sure to ask for Barbie, she was our waitress a couple of times and we just adored her!!

• Visited May 2012
“new building”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Reduced menu selection from the past. Still good food and service.

Visited April 2012
Milford, Connecticut
“2 hour lunch. Horrible Service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Spent the day at the beach. My boyfriend and I figured we'd stop for a quick lunch. It was anything but enjoyable. Our server only made an apperance once. We had other servers refil our drinks after we got their attention. I made an order off the appetizer menu that was apparently not served until AFTER 5pm. I was never told until the manager came out with my boyfriend's appetizer to inform me that our waiter should have told us. She did however give us a free meal for that mistake. Didnt see our original waiter until he handed us the bill, which had an added meal on it. Look elsewhere on Clearwater Beach.

• Visited April 2012