“Best Thai Restaurant in the area.”

Chiang Mai Thai & Sushi Bar
Ranked #283 of 697 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic Taste of Thailand! Best Sushi in Clearwater!!!
Florida
“Best Thai Restaurant in the area.”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was the second time I visited this restaurant and both times the food was outstanding, as was the service. I waited until I had visited twice to write a review. Each time I went with a different friend, and both times we were equally impressed.

• Visited May 2014

New York City, New York
“Bland and tasteless”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Being from NYC we only went to this Thai place because I was craving Thai food on our last night in Florida and what a disappointment it was. The tom kha soup was the most watery and insipid I've ever had, and the entrees weren't much better. The noodles were bland and tasteless and the shrimp tasted like it had been boiled and tossed directly into the food without being sauteed. The decor and ambience were nice and made this place worth the two stars I've given it.

• Visited December 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Marvalous duck Penang.”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very good service. The ambiance is very Thai and seldom you would expect this kind of restaurant for such reasonable prices.

• Visited September 2013
Treasure Island, Florida
“Thai Food At It's Best”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have visiited other Thai restaurants from Clearwater to St Pete Beach and by far this is the best. On my first visit I ordered Sweet and Sour Pork and my girl friend
ordered Mixed Vegetables with Chicken. Since our first visit we havee tried many different dishes all of which were excellent. We also ordered Hot Saki with dinner and it was a pleasant complement to the dinner. I might add that they do serve Gluten Free food. I believe that to really enjoy a meal one has to take their time and have good conversation during the meal. Chiang Mai's decor adds to the fine dinning it provides. If you want a quick meal go to a fast food establishment. The wait staff are very attentive but not obtrusive and will gladly reheat your Saki if asked. The menu has much to choose from with salads,soups,appetisers,and deserts.My last visit was July 2013 but have frequented this restaurant often and have never been disappointed with either the food or the service.It is quiet and alows you to dine and converse as a couple or with friends.

• Visited July 2013
Ozona, Florida
“Fresh food, reduction sauces”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food here is excellent, I lived in Thailand. The Chang Mai Soup is the best pho' around and the sauces are all reduction and fantastic, no cornstarch n flour here. I recommend the fried dynamite roll and anything curry. The Pad Thai looks great the decor in the place is really cool. You can sit in classic thai throne type chairs, or on the floor with pillows or in a booth.

I eat here a couple times a week

• Visited May 2013