“Decent Thai .. For Clearwater”

Chiang Mai Thai & Sushi Bar
Ranked #272 of 725 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic Taste of Thailand! Best Sushi in Clearwater!!!
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner.. The place was pretty packed. The service was quick to sit you down but slow in everything else. Aside from the fact the middle tables were used as a dumping station for used plates (guess because they were in the middle of dinner rush? But seriously, should maybe hire extra bust boy for an hour or two). The food was decent, the noodles were fresh and portion is good. Maybe will try again not at dinner rush?

Reviewed February 8, 2013

If you're going to a concert at the Capitol, having dinner at the Chiang Mai is a no brainer.

I've had better Thai food but there was nothing wrong with the food or service. I thought the sauces were off a bit, one being too hot for medium, and the Phad too dry, but I would not hesitate to eat there again. I took a couple of pictures of some of our food which I will post when I download.
The seaweed was especially flavorful and attractively plated with a burst orange shredded carrots.
My friend had a salmon sushi appetizer. He said it was excellent.
The Thai tea was good enough to have a second.

Arlo Guthrie gave a great - 100th happy birthday Woody - performance.
It was a good night in downtown Clearwater.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

okay, I have been to Thailand several times so I am somewhat jaded. Had the amazing pork which was flavored with peanuts but lacked the spice and complexity of the real thing. Friends had other Thai food which was plentiful, great jasmine rice, and good solid welcoming service. Have to suggest that the restaurant ramp up the spice, keep up the smiling service and add some specials. They have sushi which is totally perfect for sea side Tampa-Clearwater area. Next time I would try the sushi and check out the freshness. We came at peak dinner at 630 PM and yet service was timely. Check it out, but ask for some extra flavor attention!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This restaurant is our go to for Thai food. We have always had good service and wonderful food! My favorite is the amazing sauce, I get it on the eggplant and it is to die for. All the curries are delicious too! Highly recommend!

1  Thank bfpt
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have eaten here several times and the food is consistently fresh and flavorful. The service is unpretentious and polite. I wish they were located away from downtown Clearwater as the evil scientology cult is just a block away.