“Service?”

Chiang Mai Thai & Sushi Bar
Ranked #271 of 693 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic Taste of Thailand! Best Sushi in Clearwater!!!
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Service?”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Unpleasant experience. Wait time long. Food was not correct. Would not reccomend.

Visited May 2012

Clearwater, Florida
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I've only gone for lunch, but I go at least once every three months. What I really like is the decor and consistency of the atmosphere and flavors. It's always nice when you find a nice restaurant that you like, the food delivers, the atmosphere delivers and when you return, you are happy it's still has the same goodness.

Visited November 2011
Clearwater, Florida
“Forced to order off Dinner menu to use a groupon”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Had a groupon to use. Only restriction was that you must dine in and cannot be used for specials or fourth Fridays. Restaurant would not let us order off the lunch menu. So it cost us $10 more but it cost them a customer and who knows how many people will read this. Food did not taste good after this experience. They also have signs up in the dining area stating that they may choose to impose a 15% tip for parties of less than five regardless of the service. 20% for parties of five or more. Regardless of Service? That tells me that service must be an issue for this restaurant. Blah.....

• Visited March 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Average food in a nice surroundings”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

This restaurant has been in downtown Clearwater for a long time and it has passed through several owners. The original owner had a pride of ownership and the food was delicious. Recently we ate here and had the spicy noodles with chicken and a vegetarian vegetables dish. It was nice that we could get vegetables that were not overcooked and still had flavor. It was the best part of the meal. The satay chicken appetizer was okay, but not served with a warming dish. The noodles were fine, but lacked true spiciness. This restaurant has potential, and I think that what is lacking is authentic Thai flavor.

• Visited November 2011
Coral Springs, Florida
“Not good -- one dish WAY too spicy -- one dish not spicy at all...”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

When my wife and I order Thai, we always order the dishes "Thai Hot" -- we like our Thai dished very spicy.

We had take out from her last night and ordered two relatively standard dishes, Pad Thai and Panang Curry. We requested that both dishes to be Thai hot.

Well, my dish, the Panang Curry had no spice whatsoever. It was completely bland. Basically, it was a bunch of overcooked vegatables and beef swimming in a pool of coconut milk. My wife's dish on the other hand, was crazy hot -- it was so hot, it was inedible. I've never seen my wife not eat a dish because it was too spicy until last night. Basically, it was a bunch of noodle cover in chili flakes. We ended up throwing it away.

Perhaps, they accidentally omitted the chilis from my dish and doubled up on the chilis in my wife dish. Either way, we will not be back.

• Visited June 2011