“Excellent!”
Review of Island Way Grill

Island Way Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Way Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 700 Restaurants in Clearwater
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Tampa
“Excellent!”
Reviewed December 20, 2009

We had dinner at Island Way Grill on December 4th and loved it! The king crab and florida lobster were the best we have ever tasted. The king crab has a smoky flavor and was extremely tender. The appetizer sampler was excellent. The service was top notch and the decor was tasteful. They have a large variety of import beers and the bartender made a perfect dirty martini. We will definitely be back.

• Polish first
Dublin
“Busy restaurant great ambience”
Reviewed December 11, 2009

The hotel recommended that we eat here for dinner. It was very busy that evening which gave a good atmosphere. They have an extensive wine list and menu. I did feel the lighting was very dark though as we couldn't read the menus. Our meal was delicious and the service was good. We enjoyed the evening and would recommend the restaurant for an upmarket meal - one of the bottles of wine was $1000, this isn't the standard of a restaurant chain it's proper food! and the prices are higher but worth the difference.

manchester
“don't waste your money (or time)”
Reviewed August 18, 2009

after many years of visiting this area and many trips to the partner restaurant (Salt rock) we tried this place last night (17th August 2009).
It's difficult to know where to start but the barn-like atmosphere, the monosylabic and dour greeter, and the clueless waiter are as good as place as any. This is the place that gives you a wine menu advertising clearance sales of wine at $75 a bottle but gives you a beer without a glass (classy, or what). They only have two fish choices for main dishes (Tuna or snapper) and, on our visit, no specials. We order the snapper to be told it's off!!
We are offered grouper and grudgingly accept.
The people on the next table (White americans) are also choosing snapper (six of them!) and they arrived some five minutes after us - no problem; they get snapper.
I complain to the waiter who tells me the snapper had just arrived unexpectedly after our order.
Not good enough and I complain to the manager who tells me (basically) I have been unlucky to arrive between deliveries of food and offers no other advice - take it or leave it!
Do you know any restaurant that takes delivery of the main ingredients after 1830? I don't.
We pay the bill and leave. The tip? What do you think.
My advice? Give this a wide berth; the problems are not with one person but the whole ethos of the place.

3 Thank tonyjManchester
Kentucky
“Overrated. Don't waste your time, go to Bone Fish instead.”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Four of us ate at Island Way Grill on Friday, August 7, 2009. We went early (5:15 pm) to beat the crowd and take advantage of the early dining specials (includes drinks, salad, main course and dessert). My kids commented about how beautiful it was. They said it reminded them of a gorgeous hotel. We ordered scallop appetizers and the waiter arrived with three small scallops. I thought it was a joke but our experience went down hill from there. I had the Maui Maui and it was terrible! The fish was over cooked and the portion was tiny! My mother had salmon, it too was over cooked. My son ordered tempura shrimp and it was okay. My daughter ordered surf and turf and she liked it. While the salads were decent, the dessert was a dry sheet cake with terrible chocolate icing. My kids would not eat it. As a result I ordered a chocolate lava cake that was the most petite food item I have ever laid eyes on. Overall we were truly dissappointed with this dining experience. I had high expectations for this restaurant but it was not good. We spent $91. Do yourself a favor and go to Bone Fish instead.

1 Thank breaun
Wi
“Awesome Restaurant”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

WOW. WIne galore. Great restaurant with alot going for it. Food was very good and the place was very nice. My only complaint was the Lobster tail was warm water and ok but not near as good as the rest of this fine place. I would eat here again and cant wait until I get there again.