“Never again”

Frenchy's Rockaway Grill
Ranked #20 of 717 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Last time we went, bad food, bad service. But it had been good. We tried again this past week, they are on the beach. Indifferent servers. Food was just nothing special. I don't get it, the original Frenchys has a great rep. Great grouper sandwich. But this ain't Frenchys.

1  Thank jimvet1826

Reviewed July 20, 2010

I have been coming to Frenchies since they opened ions ago. Always was one of my favorites until the last 6 months. My husband and I had 3 bad meals in a row at Salt Water. Grouper sandwich was extra small and very over cooked. Another time it was the same and tasted fishy. I had one of my favorites - shrimp fahitas. They were not sizzling and sitting in tons of greasy slime. We gave it the three shots, because the food has always been great and we were in denial. We decided to stick with the Original Frenchies Cafe for 3.95 burger night. They were always awsome, until last week. The burger was half the size. I rather pay more for a better burger. Cheap isn't great when the food is not good. We live very close and have heard the same stories from a lot of our friends and families. Local business can not survive without the locals and Frenchies was always a favorite, so I hope they get it together!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 2, 2010

You can't visit Clearwater Beach without going to Frenchys - it's tradition. Had Baja fish tacos and chicken fingers this time - seafood last time - it's consistently good food but the view and location are even better. The building is clean and colorful, prices reasonable.

Reviewed July 1, 2010

Food is not very good at all. I had the classic grouper sandwich; what I got was a batter dipped greasy piece of fish. This place is terrible.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

Average food, average price...GORGEOUS VIEW. Loud music and talking near the bar area...

Been to Frenchy's Rockaway Grill? Share your experiences!