“Great food, service, and view”

Frenchy's Rockaway Grill
Ranked #19 of 721 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We live in a nearby beach community. This is always a favorite stop when we are at the heart of Clearwater Beach area. The Super Grouper sandwich never disappoints ... enough for two to split. The service is great too. We sit at the bar often and usually receive samples from the blender :). Every month there are different food and drink specials, although we always come back to the Grouper! Not overpriced as some beach locales are. Love Frenchys!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,820)

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ate here twice during vacation, once for a late dinner for two and once for an early dinner for six. Both times the food was good, but the restaurant was packed. For the late dinner for two, we opted to sit at the bar as opposed to waiting the 1 and a half hours. The bartenders were overwhelmed, but they made up for it with delicious drinks and great recommendations. On the day we returned with six guests, there was no wait, but we were crammed into a very small table. Our waiter was painfully slow and even forgot part of an order (which he offered to comp). Despite the slow service, the food was very good. The best part of Frenchy's is definitely the location; you can walk right off the beach to a table to enjoy a drink and the sunset!

2  Thank JFO220
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This place is all about location....it sits directly on clearwater beach, with both covered patio & indoor seating. In my opinion, it's a good place for cocktails after being in the sun....they have a full bar. I always get the Jerk Chicken Sandwich...which is always so delicious!!! But the other day, I took a guest. My guest ordered the chicken quesedillas....average, nothing to "write home about". I, on the other hand, ventured out getting the tuna poke...with sliced cucumbers, seaweed salad, and white rice. The tuna was of poor quality....the pieces were almost shaved, and very "grainy" (lot of white gristle through the pieces). I'm hoping the color was brown-ish because of the marinade it was in. And the white "sticky" rice was not so sticky, and could've been cooked longer.

The ambiance is very beach-like...everyone is in flip flops and bathing suits. There's sand on the floor, and the bathroom is damp. The female servers wear unfortunate "daisy dukes", which I'm sure, cuts down on them being hot; but isn't great for scenery as the customer. There is music playing pretty loudly, and it seems they are always busy. They don't awknowledge birthdays, or take reservations...ever.

All in all, I'll continue to go to this particular establishment after a long, hot day in the sun. I'll continue ordering cold, refreshing cocktails, and make sure to stick to my "Jerk Chicken Sand" always!!

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Here on business in Clearwater and stopped at Frenchy's Rockaway Grill for a meal and drinks with friends. The location is fantastic. The beach and sunset with a couple of drinks takes you from a 100 mph to 10 mph. Just what you need a the end of a hectic day. I have a gluten intolerance, and guess what they have a gluten free menu. WOW! Someone is paying at tension. On top of that they have entertainment. Great musician (Zach Caruso) is playing tonight an I don't mean any offense but this guy is so good you wonder why is he playing here. Also have to give props to our bartenders, Vega and Melissa. Both are sharp, efficient and as professional as it gets. Don't miss this place if you are ever in Clearwater Florida.

1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Ate here twice on our holiday, the first night we ate outside with a perfect view of the beach and the sunset. Great food, grouper sandwich is a must but the starter of calamari was fantastic and almost a meal in themselves. Good prompt service which was friendly and relaxed.

1  Thank Mrslater

Been to Frenchy's Rockaway Grill? Share your experiences!