“Tourist spot”

Frenchy's Rockaway Grill
Ranked #20 of 721 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Definitely a tourist spot; huge restaurant so the wait goes pretty quickly. Nothing special. Grouper tamales were NASTY; I read in a review that they were delicious and since I'm from Texas I was excited to have tamales again. Unfortunately they were not what I had hoped. The buffalo grouper sandwich my husband tried was great, though.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,820)

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I think all the good reviews can be credited to all the alcohol the crowd is having while waiting to be seated. Been going to Frenchy's for years, and the last few times, the food is just edible. The grouper gets smaller every year. This past weekend, I literally opened the bun just to make sure that the fish was even in it! Seriously! My son gave his cheeseburger a "5". The fries (which of course do not come with the sandwiches) were a notch below ore-ida. Maybe 2 notches. But if you want a cocktail, a lotta noise, and a great view, here it is.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have eaten here several times on our visits to Clearwater and have always been happy. The atmosphere is great but the food this time was very disappointing. My stuffed grouper was so over cooked it was hard and had no flavor. My son's grouper was also overcooked and had no flavor. The crispy calamari was chewy. The only saving grace was the beautiful setting and the She Crab soup which was excellent. I will definitely go back for cocktails but not sure about eating dinner here again

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This beachside restaurant is a favorite of both tourists and locals. The setting is noisy but perfect for families with children. The food is reasonably priced and the "tropical" drinks are delicious. I can highly recommend the grouper sandwich which is well-prepared and a generous portion of fish. We also ordered a side of the sweet potato fries which were also very good. Our server was very friendly, attentive, and did not hurry us even though the restaurant was busy. Fun place to go, especially if you are at Clearwater Beach and need something to eat or drink.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Spent a few day's in Florida this year to get out of the rough Michigan winter.The wife said that she needed some beach time, so we headed over to Clearwater beach from Lakeland.Found Frenchy's Rockaway Grill on the beach,She was happy laying and baking in the sun, while I was happy sitting having a grouper sandwich and a beer at the grill.Trick is to get there by 11:00 a.m. so you get a seat before the lunch rush.If not staying in Clearwater for the evening make sure you leave early enough to beat the rush back across the causeway.

1  Thank toolbox63