“Nothing special”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The service was fast an friendly. I order the grilled grouper platter hoping to eat something healthy. The group came swimming in a shallow pool of grease. Not grill at all but rather panfried. The fish was bland and the great taste that you would expect grouper to have was nonexistent. It wasn't awful but not great either. I am a Florida native and love local seafood. This place disappointed me and my friend who lives in Tampa.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Service was good. Location was nothing to write about. Food was small, pricey, and average - 3 of 4 persons had a grouper sandwich. It looked like Cooter's next door did a better business.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Hotel told us about this place. It was wonderful. Had a variety of food from gator rails, hamburger and seafood and everything was great. Service was good too.

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I wasn't impressed, personally. I've been here twice in the last two weeks. The first time, we got the cracked conch and that was pretty good, though quite a bit of breading. The last time, we got conch fritters which were basically hush puppies with tiny pieces of meat here and there. The dipping sauce was less than authentic too. I'd never order them there again.
I also got the Cajun grouper sandwich. I tasted no Cajun whatsoever--it was plain. I had to douse it in hot sauce just to give it any flavor at all.
My boyfriend got the grouper sandwich and said it was just "okay"

The bill was outrageous. Over $80 for 3 pitchers of bud light and the above-listed foods.

Without even a view of the beach. Honestly next time I'd rather go to Long Johns and save my money.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Although a tourist spot, plenty of locals and sitting at the bar for lunch is fun. Bar menu with great burgers and local catch specials. Great little gift shop next door and they give you a coupon if you eat at the restaurant.