“Crowded, but don't miss it!”

Frenchy's Saltwater Cafe
Ranked #17 of 717 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Loved the location! Expect a long wait during peak times, but we got right in with two people. Two hour limit on patio tables. Corn hole games going on outside. Great view right on the beach. Get the she crab soup...YUM. Huge menu, good prices, generous portions.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My daughter and I ate at Frenchy's tonight. We were here for a softball camp and drove the 6 miles from the hotel out to the beach to eat. It was absolutely delicious. One of the best meals I've eaten in a restaurant in a long time. We started with the smoked fish dip, it was tasty and a nice beginning. We then had a broiled seafood medley platter that was wonderful! The scallops were some of the best ever! Topped it off with a slice of delicious key lime pie! It was a great meal.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited on the penultimate night of our holiday. We were seated quickly however I thought the service and food were a bit "meh". Our main courses were served while we were eating our starters and there was absolutely no interest paid in us while we were there. Food was okay - all fried fish and fries - but nothing special. We had eaten better at Crabby Bill's just down the road. Perhaps it was just that night, who knows?

I wouldn't go back there - there are better restaurants and diners nearby that are worthy of your hard earned cash.

1  Thank sambarumba
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Very friendly place. Lots of regulars who were greeted by name. Started with Onion Straws who h were good. My wife had the Thursday Lobster Mania which comes with corn, potatoes and slaw and was very good. I had Soft Shell Crab which were greasy and made me quite I'll a couple of hours later but maybe I was just unlucky.

Service was good and food and drink was reasonably priced, shame my meal was so poor.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

A great local place. I grew up here and this is a good place to meet friends, watch the sunset and enjoy a good meal and some drinks.