“Excellent Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizza Bizzar - CLOSED

Pizza Bizzar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Winner Best Pizza in the Southeast at the 2014 International Pizza Competition, Las Vegas, Ranked #5 Best Traditional Pizza In The World. Voted Best Pizza on Clearwater Beach! Water front dining. Water front dining-dine-in-take-out. Open seven days a week! Located in the Shoppes on Sand Key Plaza on Sand Key next to the Marriot Resort Sand Key. Serving gourmet pizzas, fresh salads, pastas, gourmet burgers, specialty desserts, greek and California wines and much more! About us: Pizza Bizzar is a family friendly establishment that aims to please every guest that walks in the door. As culinary enthusiasts we believe in using only the finest and freshest ingredients into all our plates. Our dishes are made fresh to order, all from scratch. Our unique menu has something for everyone; weather you want to tantalize your taste buds with our one of a kind Greek pizzas or savor the taste of our Mediterranean spreads, there is something for every taste palate.As restaurateurs', this is our passion. The food we serve you represents who we are, it's in our soul and every motion put into creating each individual dish is done whole-heartedly. Located on Sand Key, we hope you find Pizza Bizzar as comforting as we do. Here we are family and it is our prerogative to make you feel the same way. From our homemade dishes, our friendly staff and not to mention the breath taking ocean view we hope to take your dining experience to another level. So come on over, have a seat on our patio or in our fresh new dining room and get ready to release your senses, all five of them, here at Pizza Bizzar! We look forward to serving you!
Chicago Burbs
“Excellent Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited Pizza Bizzar and the only problem is that I could not find it. Drove past it several times because the sign only said "Pizza" and it's a small front in a strip mall. Based on pictures I thought it was somewhat of a larger restaurant.

The spinach, garlic, and sun dried tomato pizza & Greek salad were excellent. Pizza sauce was very tasty and the crust was thin and crispy (I always ask for well done). Service excellent and very friendly wait staff.

Visited February 2014

Clearwater, Florida
“Very Pricey Bad Pizza”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

We ordered a small pizza and paid $20 for pizza with no cheese. The only cheese on pizza was the cheese we sprinkled on it after getting back to the room. The pizza was among the worst we have ever eat. The $5 special pizza you get from large chains was even much better.I don't know who has put the good comments on this restaurant but beware. Expensive, and bad was our experience.

1 Thank samjwells
Pizzabizzar, Owner at Pizza Bizzar, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear reviewer...that pizza you paid $20 for you say was a small..?. Well first off our small pizza is a 10 inch PERSONAL pizza meaning for one person, so when you say "we" in your review I am assuming more than one person shared that pizza and than yes in that case it would be to small. As far as the price goes, all our prices are stated clearly on our menu, so if you did order a 10 inch pizza, but than added 7 ingredients to it than you could be looking at that price. Our menu doesn't hide anything, nor do we, it states the price of each item, price of each additional ingredient and it even tells you how many people that size pizza can serve. If the prices were to much for you than you should of simply found somewhere else to dine, or even hit the local supermarket and bought one of those $5 pizzas you described.
We pride ourselves in the freshness and quality of all our ingredients, we buy them everyday fresh so this is a part why we are no comparison to those $5 chains you prefer, at our restaurant you pay for quality, fresh to order items every time and also don't forget as a restaurant owner, i have to make a living too, as well as "Uncle Sam."
We are located on Sand key on Clearwater Beach, the best beach town in the US, if you understand anything about running a business you would understand that our prices are just as reasonable as everyone else in this location. To give you an example, i went to New Orleans a couple weeks ago and I ordered a slice of pizza and coke in the French Quarte..r for $10..but I did not complain, because I knew it was patly due to the popular location.
You also mention that there was barely any cheese on the pizza in which you took home and than had to ad more of your own, well sir before you left my establishment with your pizza my staff showed you your pizza to ensure you were satisfied as we do with all our take out orders. Obviously you felt the pizza looked like it had enough cheese on it otherwise you would of said something, because we did give you the opportunity to. If roles were switched and i was shown my pizza and these was almost no cheese on it like you say, of course I would say something and have it corrected.
We were voted best pizza on the beach for a reason, because our taste is good and we are highly rated on trip advisor not only because of our pizza but because of the customer service we offer to all our guests.
With all do respect Your review was all false and I have given you all my reasons why. In the future I suggest you look at a restaurants menu and prices and if its something that is too much for you just leave, you would be doing a quality restaurant a favor, instead of putting up false reviews of a fine establishment.
London, United Kingdom
“Raw pizza dough”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

We went to Pizza Bizza on Wednesday February 5th, around 7:30pm. Having read the 64 five star reviews we were hoping for a tasty fresh pizza for dinner. Unfortunately it turned out to be one of the worst meals of our lives, and one of the few times we have been served inedible food.
We ordered a glass of their Greek Wine, a 'Farmers' pizza, and a Margherita pizza.
The pizza's appeared well done. The topping was at least cooked. Undserneath however the thick pizza dough was a translucent grey colour, and putty like to the touch. It was around 1cm thick of raw dough, whilst the bottom was crisp. After eating the crust of one quarter we explained they were raw and the server agreed to take them away and cook them longer. Unfortunately they returned still raw. As someone who has run a bakery, built pizza ovens and been to many excellent pizzerias it was clear that the dough was wrong, raw, and un-fit to serve. We politely asked to take the remainder of our pizzas away, and asked for the check.
Further more the wine was poured from the bottom of an already open bottle, which tasted as though it had been open for several days. They had to open a second bottle to fill the glass, when we asked for a 'fresh glass' (meaning a whole glass of the new bottle) they poured another half glass form the new bottle. The old wine was noticeabley bad.
We left feeling sick from the dough, and that we paid for a meal neither of us could eat.

It may be we were un lucky and either the chef on this night was poorly trained, or the dough badly mixed on this occasion. However I could never recommend a restaurant which has been left in such incapable hands. (It feels pertinent to note that our server was polite and friendly throughout, and we wouldn't blame him personally for the experience)

2 Thank matte1999
Pizzabizzar, Owner at Pizza Bizzar, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
I am very sorry you had an unpleasant experience at our establishment, unfortunately as the owner I cannot give you a solution or make it right after the fact. In the restaurant business any guest who has a problem or complaint should ask for a manager or owner so we can have the opportunity to make it right. If you had done that, the errors would have been corrected immediately. I asked my staff about this incident and they explained that you notified them about the pizza being under cooked and they had offered to make you a new one but you declined and asked them to put the pizza back in the oven which they did. If you still were not satisfied after that we would of most certainly found a way to make it right. We have been open for just about a year and we are not perfect, but when we do make mistakes we make every effort to correct and learn from them. I apologize again for the kitchen error, my cooks are doing very well and unfortunately they must have had a slip up with your order and it will definitely be addressed so it will not ever happen again. As a chef this is not acceptable, I wish I was notified at that moment so I or my manager could of learned and corrected this mistake. As far as the wine goes we, as well as most restaurants, when a customer orders a glass of wine, a new bottle is not opened every time, if you would of liked a fresh glass from an unopened bottle if you made that request it would of been done to satisfy you. Thank you for your feedback and we will use it to better our business in the future. I hope you reconsider us in the future so we can give you a chance to prove why we have such good ratings. If you do reconsider us, please ask for Michael and I will see to it that you are taken care of and happy when you leave, as I do to all my guests.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Greatest Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Greek, italian and californian wines for little money with great pizza and perfect view.
Not easy to find, it is not big... Expedía comments are true.

Tarpon Springs, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“REAL Pizza here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

This restaurant is where I go to get Pizza that is handmade when ordered. Nothing pre-made. Loved the fresh ingredients used as well as the selection of toppings. Will go back regularly!

Farah.