“I very pleasant surprise for lunch”
Review of The Hungry Greek

The Hungry Greek
Ranked #179 of 714 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed May 22, 2014

A friend and I were on business in Clearwater, FL and were looking for something light for lunch.
We stumbled across "The Hungry Greek".
Although the decor was very simple it had the right air and the kitchen staff was great.

We both ordered Gyros, one with Greek salad the other with potato salad.
My friend ordered extra meat as most restaurants do not give you enough.
WOW, were we surprised!
They were so generous, I could barley finish mine and the quality was outstanding!

If you are in Clearwater, go to the hungry Greek!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Was looking for a Gyro in Clearwater and found this place. Staff was very friendly and the Gyro was GREAT. I am not a veggie person, so I had the onions and tomato taken off, so it was just meat and sauce. One of the best sauces I have had.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Mom and dad shared the huge gyro, I enjoyed the spinach pie and helped my husband with the unusual but delicious lemon, rice, chicken soup and Greek salad. My brother had salmon dinner. It was a order at the counter restaurant but all the entrees were very fresh. Nice ambience; very casual but nice. Would definitely go back

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had been wanting to stop off at the Hungry Greek since they open since I pass it every day on my way to work. Finally stopped by with my wife a couple of weeks ago, and I'm sorry I waited so long. The first time we stopped by I got the Gyro and lemon soup which was extremely filling and my wife got the cabobs and a desert. You could tell the desert was freshly made which was not what was expected. The second time I got the salmon. The food has always be extremely good and large portions. The service has been quick, and informative through my at times dumb questions. An surprising experience for a little shop like they have.

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

Get the gyro here and it'll be very good. A very good Greek restaurant if you're looking for a healthy dinner option!!!!!