“Exquis! (French translation for Delicious)”
Review of Cafe Ponte

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 58th St.
Quebec City, Canada
“Exquis! (French translation for Delicious)”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a friend of mine. I really like French gastronomie and this restaurant is one of the best in Florida. Chef Ponte is a Cordon Bleu Chef (was taught in France)and if you want to experience something delicious and original, Cafe Ponte is the place to be. For appetizer I had a crab cake and scallops for entrée. The collection of wine is quite impressive. I strongly recommend this restaurant if you want to have a gastronomic experience in Clearwater. My wife enjoyed and she really liked the restaurant. Finally, for French Canadians like me, we were served by Mark. Excellent service and his mother togue is French.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jean-Sebastien R

Seminole, Florida
“Great for special occasion dining!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Loved my experience at Cafe Ponte. We went to celebrate out Wedding Anniversary. The waiter was exceptional. I avoid gluten, so he was able to inform me about the menu and dishes I may want to avoid. I ordered the osso buco, which was pricey ($48), but I'd never had before so I was going for a new experience. The meat itself was not as good as, but similar to the pot roasts I make weekly. The risotto was delectable, though. Next time I will order one of the many less expensive and delicious offerings seafood, steak or pork chops like my husband did. The wine selection was great and my husband loved his meal. For dessert we had coffee and the sampler dessert tray which was very, very good. We've eaten here twice and look forward to saving our pennies to eat here again on a special occasion.

• Visited March 2014
“What a find”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful meal at Cafe Ponte recently. The restaurant located in a business park had a beautifully appointed interior. The chef is very talented with impressive credentials. The menu is innovative. I particularly enjoyed the tuna tartar which was one of the best I have had. We were both delighted with this restaurant particularly after the previous night's meal at a higher rated restaurant which was mediocre at best.

Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Cafe Ponte in Clearwater, Florida - Sophisticated Gem”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Café Ponte was an incredible find in ALL regards, from elegant atmosphere to exceptional food to service that is second to none. I googled their website after our meal (www.cafeponte.com) and found out that they are Zagat rated, received top restaurant awards in 2014, and collaborated with Emeril for a show in 2013. Just walking into the restaurant put me into a wonderful mood with the modern and well appointed room of soft grays, browns and reds. Very sophisticated. The food is incredible and presented artistically. The food pairings are atypical and original, resulting in wonderfully new tastes. I was told that chef/owner Christopher Ponte has a Portuguese heritage, but was culinary trained at the Cordon Bleu in Paris, and has extensive experience at many of New York's top restaurants. You must try his mushroom soup, which is a signature dish for the restaurant. The wait staff pay attention to every detail, including each server's unexpected touch of walking you to the door when you leave to wish you a good evening. The wonderful bar staff (Colleen, Steven and playful Tyler) were a large part of our enjoyment for the evening, engaging in conversations and information. There is a piano bar that was a delight to witness, with the locals and the musician never leaving the area for a full 2 hours or more. The music is soft and unobtrusive. They were having so much fun, you just couldn't help but smile. In conclusion, we are returning to Café Ponte for a second night of adventure in excellent dining and very much look forward to trying other dishes. They are located at 13505 Icot Blvd, Clearwater, Florida (near Largo).

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Patricia W
Ottawa, Canada
“Food and Service never disappoints”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Our ladies social luncheon club meets monthly and decided on having lunch at Cafe Ponte. Due to the number of attendees, Cafe Ponte offered us a private room and a limited menu for an amazing price. We were given three entrée options (Kobe beef meatloaf, burger and fries, and grilled salmon) Each of the ladies thoroughly enjoyed their meals. We had two very attentive waiters serving our meals which coupled with the lovely facility only added to the atmosphere we enjoyed. I would not hesitate to go back at any time and recommend it to anyone who loves good food.

Visited February 2014