“Without a doubt the best restaurant in Tampa Bay area”
Review of Cafe Ponte

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 58th St.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Casual elegance, culinary delights, quality service! Incredible dining experience. Lunch is served Mon thru Friday and is equally delightful! Reservations a must for lunch or dinner. Great place for a special occasion. Spur of the moment, appetizers at the bar!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

When you see the parking lot you know you have hit the jackpot. My first time here was sooo good, I thought i'd go again before leaving a review. I had the amazing mushroom bisque, followed by a Kale salad with salmon. What they add or what they sprinkle on these dishes I haven't the foggiest. I did taste truffle oil in the bisque. I'm not supposed to be a bread eater but I snuck two bites out of the bread basket, made me cry. This is very San Francisco - NY or Chicago fine dining. And it should be said, the staff are pros. Everything was perfect.

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Went here with friends on the recommendation of our hotel front desk. Best reco ever.

The menu is amazing. Good luck narrowing it down. Started with the fig/prosciutto flatbread then beet salad and finally lobster and crab cake. All so incredibly yummy.

The service was wonderful. Great suggestion for our wine. Even the bread basket offers tough choices.

They bookend your meal with 2 complimentary amuse bouches - their signature mushroom bisque and then finish you up with a tiny plate of three bite size dessert offerings. Just perfect.

We will absolutely visit again if in the area. We were even tempted to dine there again our second night in town.

You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We enjoyed the tasting menu (normally $85 per person, but $45 w/a Groupon). Each course was small but outstanding. It's amazing how one's appetite is sated after the 6 courses. Each dish was distinctive and well-presented. Obviously, without the Groupon, this is a very expensive restaurant. However, it is well worth the visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Visited on a Monday night for GF's birthday. The restaurant is very nicely decorated, the staff friendly & service-oriented and the food very good. However, be prepared to pay.

I ordered a $9 glass of merlot, which was the least expensive on the menu and wound up paying $30 for two glasses of it!!!! They were out of the $9 wine and didn't let me know that I was paying for a more expensive one until after I ordered the second glass.

Why must this place mark-up their wines by 300-400%. My GF does not drink, so you could easily spend $60-70 for wine just for two. For goodness sake, if you are going to charge the prices you do, at least serve the reds at cellar temperature. They were room temperature.

Neither of us are huge eaters, so we passed up the appetizer menu and split a salad. Delicious breads were served including crusty olive bread and focaccia. GF ordered salmon and I had bouillabaisse. Both were delicious, albeit small portions. Her salmon came with rich toppings and sauces, so beware if you are watching fats.

They did serve a complimentary desert for GF's birthday. Kudos for that.

The dinner came to $123 with tip but could have been much more had 1) we ordered appetizers, 2) we ordered sides - all ala carte - and 3) had GF ordered drinks.

I'm sure we could have done a lot better in the area for the price.

1  Thank MojoDining