“A Fabulous way to spend your 50 th Anniversary”
Review of Cafe Ponte

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 58th St.
Largo, Florida
“A Fabulous way to spend your 50 th Anniversary”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

For our fiftieth wedding anniversary, my husband and I decided to go all out and enjoy the Tasting Menu at Cafe Ponte. Although we have been to the restaurant before, we had never had the tasting menu.

What a treat! Words cannot describe the fabulous tastes that we experienced. Each course was
a treat. We were fortunate that our waitress explained each course to us and enlightened us on the ingredients and some of the preparation. Her expertise added to the enjoyment of the evening.

Although many of the patrons were business people, it did not diminish the ambience of the restaurant. For us, it was an evening to remember.

• Visited December 2013

“Terrific Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

It was a very enjoyable two and one half hour dinner festival. I don't give out 5 Star Rating
very often unless it really deserves it. We have traveled a lot and to our surprise The Cafe
Ponte was 20 minutes from our home. We had the Fall 6 course tasting menu. It was truly
enjoyable with all our taste buds at work. We left there happy and full. White tablecloths
and napkins along with nicely dressed and experience waiters was a treat. We drank wine and
martini's and enjoyed the presentation of each course. They say 6 courses, but there is actually one more that they don't list that is also a treat. You will see others describe each bit and have a lot of pictures. Don't look at all that detail, it will somewhat spoil your meal knowing what to
expect. Just be assure that you will get wonderful service, terrific food and an enjoyable evening if you allow yourself to relax and let them put on the show for you.

• Visited November 2013
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've dined, lunched, and gone for cocktails. I've also had Cafe Ponte cater a birthday dinner. The food is consistently excellent. It's a unique find on the Pinellas side of the bay.

Visited October 2013
Lagos, Portugal
“Terrible”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I booked this restaurant prior to our trip in October, we were staying at the Sandpearl Resort in downtown Clearwater, so it cost us nearly $100 round trip to the restaurant which would not have been an issue if the food had been good. The decor of the restaurant is very nice although it should be noted that it is not really a couples place more a business dinner place, anyway we were seated in a nice booth seat round by the bar and had a lovely waitress serving us. Everything was great my husbands started was lovely, mine was okay so there were no real issues up to this point. However, for my main course I ordered the fish stew (not sure of the exact name) when it arrived I went to taste it and luckily only touched it slightly with my mouth, it was so hot if I had put it in my mouth it would have burnt all the skin off of my mouth, our waitress asked how our food was and even she was shocked at the amount of steam pouring off of the dish. To cut a long story short after 15 minutes the stew was still too hot to be eaten and by then my husband had virtually finished his dish and I no longer wanted anything to do with mine, so we asked to see the manager which our waitress willingly agreed to do. When the female manager arrived I explained the issue and she said that the kitchen would not normally heat the stew to that type of temperature (implying that I was lying), she could see that I had not touched the dish so there was clearly something wrong it, eventually she agreed to take the meal off the bill and give us a free desert.

But be warned if you are planning to visit this restaurant check carefully the temperature of the food before you go wading, I am just grateful I was careful enough to feel the temperature of the stew before I ate it otherwise things could have been a lot worse.

We will never return to this restaurant, it was a very expensive mistake!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank lgallagher09
“amazing”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The presentation and seasoning of the food is absolutely amazing. Field green salad with blue cheese, apples, radish and poppy seed dressing - best salad I have ever had. Filet was cooked to perfection, and the flourless chocolate cake is divine. Nice ambience as well.

• Visited November 2013