“Couldn't Be Better for Business Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Ponte

Cafe Ponte
Ranked #1 of 690 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 58th St.
Atlanta, GA
“Couldn't Be Better for Business Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Took a client and his associates here for lunch (their choice - not mine) and I loved it! The food was exceptional, I asked for a special order that they accommodated right away to get a side of some kale with my entree. Houston's (supposed high ranked chain) refused me for the same request a month ago.

Everyone's food was fantastic and the service was great. We enjoyed our waiter also, Tom Kennedy. He was attentive and even warned me they had already applied an automatic gratuity to our bill when I tried to apply a 20% tip - that astounded me! Most people would just take the money and laugh at you for being too stupid to notice it had already been applied.

Then I got the flourless chocolate cake dessert. It was one of the greatest desserts I have EVER had anywhere or anytime. To sum it up great service, great food, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices. I have written down the name of this place so I can take clients here on my future trips to town - highly recommended!

• Visited October 2013

Sebring, Florida
“One Word, Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place sits in a small plaza but do not let it deceive you. The menu is delectable, scrumptious and very well crafted and presented. Service was outstanding with attention to details After our Fantastic! dinner and wine we were treated to dessert and Champagne in celebration of our Anniversary. Great place for Foodies. Fantastic feel and atmosphere. Put this spot on your gastronomic map of places to enjoy.

Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs to be freshened up”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Just came from dinner. The restaurant needs to be freshened/cleaned up. We had to move two times to find a good spot to eat. First option was a squishy booth. Second was a table with smelly carpet underneath.
Server was odd and somewhat annoying.
Food was really just OK. We were really expecting so much better.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank SEKW
Temecula, California
“Best restaurant in Pinellas, if you miss it you lose...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

C'mon folks. I have been dining 1st class for some years now around the globe and I can simply say, Cafe Ponte is is a world class experience in service and cuisine. We had the Chateaubriand, Ahi tartar, a little birthday surprise and voila!

Colleen, our server, outdid herself again. By the way, for you Canadians, be prepared to share $250 + for two if you order a bottle of wine and enjoy Chef Chris' specialities as we did. The Chateaubriand was $100.

• Visited September 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Another Fanastic Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had another fantastic dining experience at Cafe Ponte. My enjoyed tge tasting menu and I enjoyed it with the wine pairings. Chef Ponte's dishes are superb and always tasty! Go and experience it or yourself. You will not be disappointed!

Visited September 2013