“First Class Fine Dining”
Review of Cafe Ponte

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 58th St.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our meal and experience was superb! We had the three course meal which was excellent! Make sure you go hungry!

2  Thank Donna W

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We've been to Cafe Ponte about 8 times and we have never failed to have an exceptional dining experience. Hidden in an obscure strip mall in Clearwater is a culinary haven that is certain to delight you. We were most recently there yesterday and we had the tasting menu. I'm not a fan of beet salad and they were easily willing to substitute. The courses are creative, beautifully crafted and delicious, one ofter the next. We passed on the wine pairings and accompanied the dinner with a nice Sancerre. Our server, the delightful Hanna was efficient, attentive and knowledgable. My wife also had to kick me once for staring at her.

So if you're reading this because you're looking for someplace special to have dinner, stop reading and call Cafe Ponte. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank pcmendy
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of a discount coupon for Cafe Ponte's 6-course tasting menu. It was a lovely evening, where we were expertly served by our waiter, Ed.

Each course looked like beautiful artwork, and the food was well-seasoned and tasty.

Like other reviews stated, this place is for special occasions because it is so expensive, especially since a 20% gratuity is automatically added to the bill. I'd go back again if I can get another coupon.

1  Thank DiningOutinTampaBay
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Traveling from from Los Angeles, I was thrilled that Fois Gras was on the menu. It was everything I missed since the ban in California. I had truffled Mushroom bisque that i still dream about. The ambiance was cozy, yet roomy. I highly recommend this place if you're in Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater.

2  Thank an2tone
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic experience at Cafe Ponte for New Year's Eve. Even though they didn't have their regular menu, the food and service was fantastic. The staff was very friendly when sitting us down and the waiter as great. Very engaging, warm and nicely sarcastic. Each part of the New Year's Eve tasting menu was fresh, well presented and tasted great. My wife is quite the foodie and she loved the Onion Focaccia bread, the Lobster Risotto and the Filet Mignon was perfectly cooked. The wine list was also exceptional. If their regular menu service is like New Year's, it is a must go.

1  Thank Lane G