“Good Food, Beautiful Presentation, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Ponte

Cafe Ponte
Ranked #1 of 690 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 58th St.
Tampa, Florida
“Good Food, Beautiful Presentation, Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of a discount coupon for Cafe Ponte's 6-course tasting menu. It was a lovely evening, where we were expertly served by our waiter, Ed.

Each course looked like beautiful artwork, and the food was well-seasoned and tasty.

Like other reviews stated, this place is for special occasions because it is so expensive, especially since a 20% gratuity is automatically added to the bill. I'd go back again if I can get another coupon.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank DiningOutinTampaBay

Los Angeles, California
“3 words... DEE, LISH, OUS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Traveling from from Los Angeles, I was thrilled that Fois Gras was on the menu. It was everything I missed since the ban in California. I had truffled Mushroom bisque that i still dream about. The ambiance was cozy, yet roomy. I highly recommend this place if you're in Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank an2tone
New York City, New York
“Great New Year's Eve Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic experience at Cafe Ponte for New Year's Eve. Even though they didn't have their regular menu, the food and service was fantastic. The staff was very friendly when sitting us down and the waiter as great. Very engaging, warm and nicely sarcastic. Each part of the New Year's Eve tasting menu was fresh, well presented and tasted great. My wife is quite the foodie and she loved the Onion Focaccia bread, the Lobster Risotto and the Filet Mignon was perfectly cooked. The wine list was also exceptional. If their regular menu service is like New Year's, it is a must go.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lane G
St Petersburg,Florida
“Fabulous flavors and presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went to cafe Ponte for New Year's eve and had a marvelous 6 course tasting menu. Every dish was fabulous and beautifully presented. Our waiter, Jeff, gave us exceptional service.
Even though it has a Clearwater address, it is only 20-25 minutes from St Petersburg.
We'll be back soon.

• Visited December 2012
Clearwater, Florida
“Uneven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Cafe Ponte about four or five times. The last time we went with another couple, we all ordered the beef tenderloin steak. It just wasn't that great, especially for the price. My husband's steak was over cooked. As he is fond of saying, we vote with our feet and won't be returning for some time.

Visited February 2012