“Great Neighborhood Tavern”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fat Cat Tavern - MOVED

Fat Cat Tavern
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Great Neighborhood Tavern”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I must admit, this little place has the best hamburger in town. Lots of variety. My favorite is the Cajun Burger. The price is fantastic. They have trivia nights, karaoke and more. A real fun place to be. Lots of TV's for sports. (One tv right in the middle was on Fox News, which I feel is a bit tacky, and yes, I'd feel the same if it were on MSNBC). All a great hangout which Largo truly needs.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Daniel S

Tampa, Florida
“VERY GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD SPORTS BAR!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Clearwater residents (i'm one of them) are fortunate to have the Fat Cat as a neighborhood watering hole. Like most of these places, they offer numerous televisions, a busy bar area, booths for eating, music and kereoke, and a nice size separate party room. What sets this place above many others is the friendliness of their waitresses, and the selection and overall quality of their food. You can get anything from a perfectly cooked juicy burger to a nice steak or seafood dish, all at very reasonable prices. With typically late hours, this is an excellent place to go have some fun in a casual and very friendly atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Tucked back into the NE corner of the Tri City Plaza in Clearwater FL you will find this pleasant experience of a Bar/Tavern. Good Food, good times with Booths, high top tables, & Bar Stools Game room & Trivia e dry Thurs. night.

• Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
“Good Food and Trivia”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My cousin is a regular here. She took me while I was in town because they have Buzztime Trivia. We went around 9:30 on a Saturday night and the place was very quiet. But we still had a nice time. The beer was cold. The food was hot. The fried mushrooms could have been a little crispier for my tastes. The wings were very good and I am a picky wing person.

• Visited April 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Very Clean, Nice Restaurant/Bar.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a nice locals type of restaurant & bar. Went there with a foursome to celebrate a birthday. Some of our group had been there before, but I had not. My first impression walking in was that it looked very clean. It seems as if it is frequented by a more mature crowd. Most folks there seemed to be in their 40's-50's, with some 30's and 60's also. Nice classic rock tunes playing in the background. Not blasting too loud like at many bars. We were able to talk without having to scream over the music - Very nice.
We just had beers, so not sure how the drinks are.
The food we ordered was very good. The burgers are very good, and everything we had was very good. The Cuban Sandwich is not authentic like you will get at a more traditional Cuban place in Tampa, but was a good sandwich. Paninis sandwiches were very good!
Normal bar type food, but prepared well. I do wish they would add some healthier sandwiches, more things that aren't fried, etc. I would think those would do well with the crowd that goes there.
We had a good time and I would not hesitate to go there again.
I think we would be inclined to go there more often if there were a few more healthier options on the menu.
Worth looking for this place. It is hidden in the very NE corner of Tri-City Plaza.

• Visited March 2013