“Good Food and Trivia”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My cousin is a regular here. She took me while I was in town because they have Buzztime Trivia. We went around 9:30 on a Saturday night and the place was very quiet. But we still had a nice time. The beer was cold. The food was hot. The fried mushrooms could have been a little crispier for my tastes. The wings were very good and I am a picky wing person.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a nice locals type of restaurant & bar. Went there with a foursome to celebrate a birthday. Some of our group had been there before, but I had not. My first impression walking in was that it looked very clean. It seems as if it is frequented by a more mature crowd. Most folks there seemed to be in their 40's-50's, with some 30's and 60's also. Nice classic rock tunes playing in the background. Not blasting too loud like at many bars. We were able to talk without having to scream over the music - Very nice.
We just had beers, so not sure how the drinks are.
The food we ordered was very good. The burgers are very good, and everything we had was very good. The Cuban Sandwich is not authentic like you will get at a more traditional Cuban place in Tampa, but was a good sandwich. Paninis sandwiches were very good!
Normal bar type food, but prepared well. I do wish they would add some healthier sandwiches, more things that aren't fried, etc. I would think those would do well with the crowd that goes there.
We had a good time and I would not hesitate to go there again.
I think we would be inclined to go there more often if there were a few more healthier options on the menu.
Worth looking for this place. It is hidden in the very NE corner of Tri-City Plaza.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Fat Cat is a great neighborhood sports bar with excellent food, 20+taps with domestic, import and microbrews that the owner rotates. There are plenty of TV's, a large back room for large private parties, pool table and great happy hour and daily food and beer specials.

They do fun things also, karaoke 2 nights, live hosted trivia contests 2 nights a week, live bands and an excellent staff.

The food is prepared by a chef! He has trained his staff so that if he is not there no one can tell. The food is fresh, wings are great, hand made burgers, great sandwiches and excellent specials, late night app menu too. Try it you won't be disappointed.

Went with an unexpected party of 20+, after 8pm with little notice and they handled it well on an already busy Sat. night.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The "Fat Cat Tavern" name originally scared me off a bit, but once we went, we've been back countless times. It isn't fancy, but the food is good and the staff and management are great. The hamburgers are always good, as are the Cuban sandwiches.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

No matter how much a restaurant manager wants guests to enjoy themselves, one member of the wait staff can dash the plan. We sat down at the bar for a beer and dinner, ordered the beer, but the bartendress never asked about dinner, never offered a menu, and seemed too busy, despite that fact that there weren't 6 people in the whole place! Talk about feeling unwanted and unwelcome. We paid for the beer and left a one cent tip for the special service.

1  Thank OhioTravelerColumbus