“Authentic and Excellent”

Pattaya
Ranked #216 of 708 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I go here often for take out, and have eaten inside a couple of times (before the it was flooded). I spent a month in Thailand a while back and due to a previous relationship ate a lot of Thai food over a two year period. This is the most authentic I Thai food I have had in Florida. The outside décor is a little off putting, but it is nice inside. The wait staff has always been nice and courteous. If you want spicy they have spicy, and if you do not that is fine as well. Also a number of vegetarian dishes (though I prefer the seafood dishes). When my wife or I have a stuffed up nose, we order the spicy Tom Yum with seafood.

2  Thank Michael D
There are newer reviews for Pattaya

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Spring rolls were great! Thai iced tea was delicious and the service was quick! Pad Thai for me with fried tofu (a little over done) but good flavor!

1  Thank becca_224
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My husband, his co-worker and a friend and I met there for lunch.
They both liked Thai food. So do I.

I ordered the mixed vegetables with crispy roasted duck with rice (lunch special).

My food was extremely salty. The "crispy duck" consisted of 3 small pieces of duck skin.

Our waitress was indifferent.

My husband said he has been there several times and ordered the same dish. Our friend ordered fried rice with chicken and vegetables. I got sick when I got home. I will not be a repeat customer there.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We mentioned the reviews when we were waited on and were told that the reviews we saw were probably for the old owners when they owned it.

The vegetable tempura was extremely greasy and was served with a sweet tartar sauce instead of typical tempura dipping sauces we were accustomed to.

The other dishes were good but by no means exceptional.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This restaurant was a quiet place with almost good service. We ate here twice in one week because it was good and inexpensive. The strip mall environment and the run down decor almost made me drive away. I am glad I stayed.

Portions were quite generous, and food was very good but the medium spice choice is mild. The next time we visited I asked for medium hot and that suited my taste as well flavored without burning my mouth. I was impressed with the food but the service is slow due to lack of staff.

I guess prices can be low for good food if you keep your overhead low.

1  Thank spill_beans