“Good service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #88 of 690 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Racine, Wisconsin
“Good service and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Had a waiter named Chris who was quick and helpful. The restaurant had timely songs that was blasted where the waiters and waitresses danced to. It entertained the baby we were with. Some patrons seemed unamused. Just something to distract you while you wait for food or service. The kids meal was quite large and for someone who cannot eat their regular crab meal. The fish mahi sandwich was well cooked. Overall good experience. Bad beer choices, but it's a chain restaurant so I can't expect much. Busy time but seated quickly, booths required longer wait times. The best part was the lady that made balloons for adults and kids.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mera Y

Largo, Florida
“Love Tuesdays for the bar specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Go on Tuesdays for the little menu at the bar. $2 Mai Tais, shrimp, oysters and fried pickles. You really can't beat the deal for these items. Just make sure to check your bill for correct pricing as I was charged $3 for my Mai Tais but didn't realize until I got home. Still a great deal.

Visited February 2014
Rotonda West, Florida
“Disappointed again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

The commercials always make their food look so great. The Ft. Meyers Joes has delicious food- appearance, quantity and taste at this Joes for the second time have been disappointing. We had a fantastic server but it seemed like there is no one monitoring the food before it's put out. One of our orders came completely without all the things inside the crab pot! Not a cheap place-spend your money somewhere that cares about quality!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Teri H
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I was in the mood for crab so I tried Joes in Clearwater. The atmosphere was decent and the staff was friendly but, the Dungeness crab was frozen and warmed up. It was not very tasty and one of the legs was rotten and stunk like dead fish. I had the seafood gumbo. It was OK. Overall, $40+ was alot for what was served. I was disappointed and would not go back there.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Gary T
Birmingham, AL
“Great dinner and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I had dinner here on a Saturday night with three friends. The restaurant was not crowded at all, so we were seated promptly inside. After a couple minutes though, we realized that the AC was up really high, so we opted to move outside to the patio. Steve was our waiter. He was very friendly, upbeat, and attentive. I ordered the Ragin Cajun Steampot. OMG, it was SO GOOD! There is a Joe's in my hometown, but I don't ever remember it being that tasty. I was starving so the combination of dungeness and snow crab legs, shrimp, sausage and corn was perfect. After washing it down with a cold Red Stripe, I was in heaven! I have absolutely no complaints about this restaurant!

• Visited December 2013