“Always the same”

Cuisines: Seafood
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Always the same”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Would like to see some diversity in the menu for shrimp and chicken.

Visited March 2012

Someplace nice and warm
“Good food, but wait staff is a hit or miss”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

In mid-March, my wife, our daughter and I visited the local Red Lobster, as we do about once a month.

I went with my usual Fish & Chips, while our daughter her usual chicken strips and my wife indulged in a Lobsterfest special consisting of Shrimp Scampi and Grilled Sirloin.

To my disappointment, my piece of haddock was rather small (I've had larger ones for lunch at Red Lobster). But I was informed by the wait staff that the only way to get more would be to shell out for another meal, albeit at lunch price (since that one would not have needed to include a salad).

When speaking to one of the managers afterwards, I was informed that this was due to their point of sales system which did not have a separate key / item for an additional piece of haddock, even though their headquarters had included keys for an additional piece of virtually any other fish at a lower rate.

That said, all the food was good. As far as the wait staff is concerned, it seems to be hit or miss at this location. Some are very attentive, others not so much, as we've found during our last 3-4 visits over the course of the last month. (Can you tell I have a craving for their fish and chips?)

• Visited March 2012
Dunedin
“MENU HIKE & POOR CHANGES”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

First of all, their fantastic lobster roll they have taken off the menu. Secondly, IF you order the lobster tails, BE SURE TO ASK WHERE THEY ARE FROM. The ad that you see from New England,on TV, is totally misleading. I ordered the lobster tail dinner that came with two tails. One was cold water and one was from warm waters. WARM WATER LOBSTER TAILS LACK ALL THE FLAVOR OF THE COLD. I asked for both to be cold, which the server had to request from the chef. As Red Lobster is a chain, they do not deviate from the menu. In my case they said they would; however, that was my last trip there. The prices ..... Loster Bisque, which is wonderful, went from up to $5.25 and $6.75 (cup or bowl.) This was a total disappointment. Try Crabby Bills for lobster rolls. They are just as good as what Red Lobster removed from their menu.

• Visited February 2012
Montreal
“Good seafod and good service”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We went here on New Year's eve. The place was packed. The wait was not too long. Servers were friendly. Food was consistent with most Red Lobster's I have been to. Good Shrimp done done many ways. All in all a nice evening!

Visited January 2012
Palm Harbor, FL
“Surprise”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Some of the better seafood in the area. Most of the beach restaurants are either tourist traps or bars that have fried seafood. Note that the actual location is a mile south of where shown on TA map.