“Small portion for dinners”

Deeya Indian Cuisine
Ranked #160 of 693 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small portion for dinners”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My wife and I went there on Sat. 8/9/14. I want to give 2.5 stars but in the absence of the 1/2 star, take it as it is. For those who like North Indian food, I'd guess the taste is OK; but for me who like hot and spicy food from Southern Indian region, the food here is mild-even though I asked for the spicy "hot Indian". My wife ordered " chicken baked in clay pot"; but you could tell, it's not baked. Just small pieces of chicken breast in yogurt gravy. The lamb curry I ordered was OK; not hot as I expected. Bottom line: for the price, the portions are small. By the time I reached home I need another dinner.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank fxm1945

“1st time here”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Awesome meal at Deeya for our 1st visit. We shared the Kadai Chicken, Chicken Chettinad and Eggplant also garlic Naan. All were very tasteful and was fun to try something different. They offered a great variety of food with a good description of each plate.

Oldsmar, Florida
“Good Indian Food”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We came in for the lunch buffet and the food was very good. They had a good selection. We will be back to try the dinner buffet.

• Visited July 2014
Clearwater, Florida
“Good food”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I ate the buffet lunch that they offer. The food was properly cooked and flavorful. The buffet was adequately replenished and had plenty of variety. The restaurant is clean and comfortable.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Thomsoni
Miami
“This is an incredible delight”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I love indian food. Have I had good indian food? Well, I don't know if it was good but ive eaten indian food in india! This place was fantastic. The rice was fresh, the naan spectacularly hot and tasty. The butter chicken was so good, I cant begin to explain. The daal, great, the chicken tandoori, great and the price excellent. We were there for the lunch buffet. Great price. The restaurant isn't anything fancy. Pretty run down but clean.

• Visited June 2014