“Great pizza, Italian Beef ok”

Paul's Chicago Pizza
Ranked #112 of 697 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Largo, Florida
“Great pizza, Italian Beef ok”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

After recently moving to the area from Chicago, hubby, Dad, and I were wanting some "Chicago" style pizza. Which for us is thin crust, and cut into squares.
When we walked in the decor is somewhat dated, but keeping in mind this is a pizza place that did not bother us. The uoung hirl working here was very welcoming and explained what was on the menu.
We ordered the large house pizza which has saus/pepp/grn pepper\blck olive\onion\mushrm gor under $20. We also tried a cheesey beef.
The pizza was delicous and we loved the thin crust, the sauce, the cheese, and the real pork sausage flavor. The cheesey beef was good but could have used a few more sloces of beef. The flavor was very good and we will definately be returning!!

1 Thank karissa70

Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Hard Decision!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

It really is a hard decision to decide whether to go with the delicious thin crust or the extraordinary Chicago deep dish. Though both are different, they are both awesome. The parmesan poppers are delicious. This is our go to pizza place! The staff are fun and friendly!

• Visited October 2013
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Best Chicago pizza in Pinellas”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not exactly like eating at the Ritz but GREAT Chicago pizza including deep dish, but you have to wait a little longer for that. Fresh ingredients and a delicious thin crust too. Limited wine and beer selections.

Visited May 2013
St. Pete Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FINALLY!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

FINALLY!!!!!!! It is about time! It's not just Chi-town pizza....it's WEST COAST PIZZA. My wife and I moved here from the West Coast (Portland, Or) about a year ago. We have slowly branching out from our home in St.Pete looking for good pizza and all we ever find is the same old limp greasy NY pizza...UGHHH!

We searched online, found Paul's, made the 35 min drive (one way) to try it out....and YES! JACKPOT! We finally found that thin CRISP pizza that can hold layers of toppings and hold firm with a resounding CRUNCH! If you are from out West and seeking/familiar with a Round Table/Sunshine/Pietro's/Shakey's type pizza....then Pauls is where it is at and maybe the ONLY place where it is at here in the "Bay Area".

To those knocking the service:
it's a counter order place....not a SERVICE place, yet that did not stop the counter girl from politely greeting us promptly and checking in on us. Nor did it stop the manager from coming out to check on us as well. In fact when he came out we pointed to or pizza and asked if we could have a small pepperoni, he nervously replied "I am sorry is your pizza wrong or unsatisfying?" Nope, I responded.......We want MORE! He walked away with a smile and promptly delivered a piping hot pie of heaven!

It is far....but we will make it a regular stop from here on out!

• Visited August 2013
Belleair Beach, Florida
“Really good Chicago "bar" style thin crust but the rest is just average.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Being from Chicago I'm always willing to check out a possible venue to satisfy my cravings for a thin crust bar style pizza and with so many good reviews I had to check it out.

First not a lot of seating but enough to take care of patrons who wanted to watch a little TV on the 3 TVs showing sports news.

I went during lunch so the buffet was offered and the server, who really was just a counter order taker, told me the buffet produced the same pizza if you had ordered a whole pie. So I went with the buffet.

Okay, Chicago cut of course.and the crust was very well done; very much like a Chicago pie. but frankly the other ingredients and seasoning just didn't complete it. And the sauce, which I found to be too plentiful, resembled more of the fast food delivery types than a traditional Chicago pie. But again, I was very happy to have had the crust, which they claim as the "Da Best thin crust" and I would agree. It is the best thin crust I've had on a pizza in the area.

The tables were a little dirty too but the counter attendant did come around often to take your dirty buffet plates away.

Overall, average rating here. It could be much better if they had better quality toppings.

I didn't have the Italian beef sandwich or the Chicago dogs and if they execute better on those than on the pie, then this merits visitation as a cheap eats lunch place.

But as a Chicago bar style substitute?.......I'll keep looking until they make those adjustments on the ingredients.

• Visited July 2013