“Management not willing to help”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #179 of 735 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have ordered food to go now on three different weekend nights and I usually pick the food up with my son. They have spots marked as "to-go" spots but these are never available when I pull in and I have to park so far away and walk, and then I go inside and there is no one waiting for to go at the counter. I ask management why cars are parked there in the "to-go" spots they say "oh it is just seated customers we can't do anything". Great job of managing your customers. NOT should tow and it would stop.

1  Thank Peter C

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was truly one of the hidious experiences I've ever had in a restaurant. The place was crowded (God knows why), so we were seated in a booth by the bar, where we were ignored for half an hour. We both ordered Italian sausage and pasta, and when it came, after a long while, it was not Italian sausage at all. There were two hot dogs in a gummy red paste with overcooked pasta - some of the worst food I have ever tried to eat. When we called the waiter, he was obstinate, saying it WAS Italian sausage, and that they had always served it that way. I know different, since I used to go to Olive Garden restaurants a few years back. It was a noisy, rude place with dreck for food, and they will never see us again.

1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Yrs ago I would have said to stay away from this place. Today I ate there against my will. I was pleasantly surprised! Our waitress listen to my picky diet restrictions, she made a recommendation what I should eat and it was perfect! We were a large group watching the time, without us asking her she had all our individual checks ready for us without our asking. This place isn't the same place I ate at 6 years ago. I would go back there again.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Olive Garden -- 29461 US Hwy 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33761-2132
We have eaten at Olive Garden restaurants many times over the years and the food has always been good. On Friday, July 6th, 2012 we had dinner at this restaurant. Arrived about 6:30 had no reservation, we waited about 20 minutes for a table.

We order the Two for $25. Special and had a choice of 4-5 entrees. We chose Spaghetti and meat balls, the meal came with a choice of salad or soup, bread sticks and a choice of 4 deserts, we chose Triple Chocolate Stratta.
My wife had the salad and I chose the soup; the bowl of soup I ordered was potato and sausage soup, it was a little spicy for me, so the next two bowls of soup were Pasta e Fagioli and it was excellent. The Spaghetti and Meat balls were excellent, served hot and a large portion; fresh ground cheese was made available at the table.

The service was excellent in every detail, Angela was our server and she was all smiles providing excellent service while also teaching a new fellow server Jason. The soup was served hot, and fresh cheese was ground at the table for each dish. We never had to ask for a refill of anything including soup, salad, and water.

Just a very pleasant dinner at the Olive Garden on Route 19 in Clearwater. We took a box of Spaghetti and meat balls home as well as desert, and ate the Triple Chocolate Stratta later in the evening with a cup of coffee and it was excellent.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

ok, no jokes, we love Olive Garden, always consistently good. Service is good. The soup and salad and breadsticks lunch is a good deal although the evening dinner menu prices are a little steep ($14-$20). Desserts are less than good and not not worth the price. The house wines are not bad. The place is always packed!