“We won't be back”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
St. Petersburg, Florida
“We won't be back”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My bf and I ate here last night. Here's our 2 cents... The service was decent but the food wasn't to our liking. The Lollipop roll is way smaller than anywhere we've had. The pieces are not cut uniformly - some thick, some thin - and are swimming in the vinegar dressing. As for the Salmon Skin handroll, the skin is chopped up into tiny pieces that makes it impossible to dip it in the soy sauce because all the pieces would fall out. We've had it where the skin is long pieces. The Sunomono only has 1/2 the seafood, if that, as at other places. The only thing that is decent is the Crunchy roll. The sushi here is not good enough for us to return.

• Visited May 2013

New York
“Great sushi!!!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great sushi, fresh with plenty of options. I can't say much about eating in the restaurant because we always do take out since I eat there while staying with friends, it's a must when I visit. It's always so tasty and fresh and have never been disappointed. Great place if you love sushi.

• Visited February 2013
Palm Harbor, FL
“AMAZING! Best sushi around!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the best place to go for a fancy dinner or casual night out. Charlie ALWAYS remembers your name, the service is amazing, the atmosphere is completely family-friendly, the waitress has our orders memorized, and not only is the sushi amazing, so is the regular menu.

This is a great sushi restaurant. All of their rolls are fresh and tasty. MY FAVORITE DISH EVER IS their delicious dynamite shrimp, it's amazing. If you go I completely recommend it for anyone. If you're not a sushi-fanatic like me, they have steak, chicken, rice, and salads/soups on their other menu. Some of their best rolls are their California rolls, their Mexican rolls, and their spider rolls. My sister, who doesn't like sushi at all, always orders their teriyaki steak. She says it's amazing, I wouldn't know because she never shares.

GO TO KAIKO! It is great for three reasons: the food, the experience, and the price!

• Visited March 2013
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
“Best Sushi around”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I moved down in 97 and for 2yrs tried to find a good sushi bar. Once I found Charlies Place, Kaiko's, I have not been any where else when I'm home. The fish is ALWAYS FRESH & when you walk in your greeted with a big hello from Charlie. He remembers everyones name, & you get treated like you r the only one in the plance even whenthere r 30-40 others there. If you go there often you get your own pair of real chop sticks they r keep in a small cubby hole till the next time you come in.

• Visited March 2013
Clearwater, Florida
“Comfort Food”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

When I am returning home from out of town travel and in need of a relaxing meal I generally think of Kaiko. I try to get here at least once a month and it never ceases to amaze me that Charlie nor only remembers my name but the specific Sushi items I usually order!! I have been hooked on his Scott Roll and occassionally have him make up a special roll for me. No request is turned down. Once I wanted something with Octopus so he created a roll for me.

• Visited December 2012