“The best pizza in town”

Capogna's Dugout
Ranked #98 of 691 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham
“The best pizza in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have eaten at this place many times over the last 30+ years. I can't tell you anything other than the pizza is the best I have ever tasted. (I have never tried anything else, no need) Been to the best places in Chicago, NYC, Philly and none are as good as this place.
Not much has changed since I was a kid so if you are trying it for the first time the interior will look a little dated. This will not matter after your first bite of pizza. I am a pepperoni only guy.

• Visited July 2012

Clearwater, Florida
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband loves this place- I think its okay. A good Mom-n-Pop place. It's dark on the inside and I always wish there was a little more light when I am there. Lots of uniforms from the nearby high school- you can tell they are community orientated. The staff is friendly enough. I will say that their pizza is outstanding.

• Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Got Lucky with Capogna's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We punched in Italian on the GPS and it took us to Capogna's. We went back another time as well. The food is family friendly. Very siimple but tasty. Great staff and atmosphere.

Visited March 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Pizza is always a good but, but we ALWAYS have the Buffalo Bread Sticks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

We've been eating at Capogna's for years. It's a family friendly, family run business that serves reasonably priced pizza. The pizza is good, but I highly recommend their buffalo bread sticks - get them with medium sauce and extra blue cheese. My mouth is watering now as I type this. And if you like beer, their beer on tap is really cold.

Pizza gets 3 stars - good, but not "wow"
Breadsticks get 5 stars

• Visited October 2011
Clearwater/Tampa Bay Florida
“The "Cheers" for us "locals"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

Local folks = family, friends and tons of laughs. We have been part of the "local" crowd for a few years now and there is a reason. If you are looking for an Italian meal you will find it here - pasta, pizza and one of the best minestone soups you can get. And the service is great - kudos to all the wait staff because they bust their butts to get it done for their customers.

However, we are not regulars because of their menu. We go because we just feel at ease and we like the atmosphere....not fancy...just comfortable.

Love the Capogna Family and Staff....TK is the Best Bartender (really he has a badge or something) ever!!

Try it!