“SLOOOOWWWW”
Review of cork n brew

cork n brew
Ranked #39 of 717 Restaurants in Clearwater
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Taste is our business Enjoy a day at the beach and an evening at the Cork N Brew Bistro. With unique beers and wines both domestic and imported, you are certain to find the perfect taste for your palate. We also offer a range of appetizers, small plates, and lava rock cooked dining selections to complement your beer or wine selection.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband loves micro brews and he really wanted to come here for dinner one night. It was a little on the high side, but we had a late lunch so I figured we would share a couple plates between the three of us *myself, son 11, and husband". When we ordered my husband asked for recommendations, the waitress said "everything is good" and acted like she couldn't be bothered to recommend something - just order already. She was covering the whole inside of the restaurant which included about 4 tables and the whole bar. In a way, it wasn't her fault, but I didn't appreciate her attitude. The meal (one appetizer, one dessert) took three hours. Everyone around us was waiting. I am not sure what happened, but we had to get up to place our dessert order and the waitress never offered to refill my water. It was overpriced too - $15 for fondue. We got maybe 3 strawberries, 6 marshmallows, 6 rice crispy treats and a banana cut up. The meat tray was about $16 it might have been only a little overpriced b/c it also contained liver pate and olives, but we got maybe 6 crackers and not enough salami etc.... It didn't say that it had liver pate and olives on the menu. If it did, I wouldn't have ordered it b/c only 1 of us like olives. Not until the last 15 minutes did the waitress apologize- someone didn't show up in the kitchen. But she still didn't give us any service. This is a BAR - that happens to serve food. You have to fed for yourself to get your order in.

1  Thank NewtoNC

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The restaurant is a bit more modern and eclectic than most in this area. Very small and welcoming. Had a small outdoor seating area. Modern decor and eclectic food was very good. Small plates/tapas with several to choose from and serving size was perfect. Huge selection of wines and beer and the server was very knowledgable.

The night was going very well (one of the better restaurants we attended) until I smelled a cigar and the waitress said they allow cigars. There was no mention of this anywhere in the restaurant that I noticed nor did I see it on their website or in any reviews. Not being smokers, we promptly left as this ruined the whole experience. I suggest they only allow cigars outside and keep the door closed between the restaurant and the outdoor seating area to prevent the stink from entering the dining area where people are trying to enjoy a nice meal.

1  Thank TNfoodie12
Reviewed March 31, 2013

As a local, I know that the restaurants get crazy full during the Spring Break and Spring Baseball season. I went by my favorite pub and saw a line out the door and decided it was the wrong time to go there. As I drove a bit north on Mandalay, I spotted the Cork & Brew and saw an open parking spot, so I assumed the moon & stars had lined up for me. I went into the Cork & Brew (C&B) and was warmly greeted by bartender, found a bar seat in front of the March Madness game. The place was busy but not overcrowded. A whole variety of beer choices (but I'm not really a beer drinker) and a nice choice on wines by glass (I am a red wine freak). Bartender let me sample a few of the wines on the menu and I found a nice Spanish red and enjoyed a healthy pour! (Don't you hate to spend $8-$15 on a glass and the bartender pours a smallish amount?) . I tried the Cuban flat bread which was delicious and promised to try the hot lava rock sear next time. When I noticed one of the top chefs on CLW beach in the place and several other restauranteurs enjoying the place I knew the moon & starts had lined up! This won't be a local hide away for long.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Cork and Brew is located on the North side of Clearwater Beach , next to the Sandpearl Resort..(I will mention that it's NOT owned by SandPearl- some people might get scared away if the thought it was owned by Sandpearl for pricing and what not*)

Great selection of craft beers and very nice wine selection.
This is not your typical beach hangout-thank goodness! There's several beach bars around , when you're looking for that atmosphere. This place is a whole different vibe, and really nice décor .Very classy. I will add that over the taps are large TV screens that list descriptions of each beer. Very helpful to people who want to try craft beers, but don't know anything about them. Also they have little plastic shot size cups for sampling. Not many bars will do that.

I met one of the owners (Jackie) great lady! She is completely experienced, knowledgeable, and passionate about her business and her customers. She's there every night. My husband and I were chatting with her at the bar ( I think a Sunday night) and the kitchen had already closed. We were looking at menus, for future reference. My husband commented to Jackie, wow! You have all of my wife's favorite things! Pate', hummus, lamb! We can't wait to try next time. Jackie then went into the kitchen and brought me out a small sample plate of her homemade hummus, Pate' and crackers. I was completely blown away! And I'll mention how delicious they were!
The menu looks very nice. Small plates, Tapas, etc. When the website is complete and updated, you'll be able to check out the menu.

And by the way, very nice staff also. DJ (aka Ricardo! - inside joke,ha ha, you'll have to ask him about it)was very friendly , very accommodating. Sorry, can't remember the other bartender's name. He was very nice also. You can tell they are happy to be there. They're not just order takers, if you know what I mean. They also have live entertainment.And a nice little patio area out front, with couches ,tables and chairs, and heaters .
I can't say enough good things about this place - I loved it! We come over to Clearwater beach every year for Spring Training and look forward to going to the Cork and Brew next year.
Check this place out

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stopped in on Friday night for a quick glass of wine and Tapa at the bar. The wine list was impressive with reasonably priced offerings. Tried several different small plates, brussel sprouts, ceviche and ahi tuna all fresh and very tasty.
Loved the vibe, a little upscale for this beach community, which was a welcome surprise!

Try the dark chocolate fondue with fresh fruit and little rice krispie treats for dipping.
Wishing them great success as I'd like to visit on my next trip to the area.