“Beautiful boat!”

Broad Reach Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Broad Reach Charters will be closing for the the summer on April 7 2017 and re-opening November 6 2017. Thank you for your patronage for our last season and we will see you in November. Capt. Brian Broad Reach Charters provides a crewed sailboat experience for up to 6 passengers on a safe, well maintained Catalina / Morgan 381 with a professional crew. With many options and catering we will make every effort to accommodate all of your needs. Our objective is exceed your expectations!
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Beautiful boat!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a wonderful time on our trip with Captain Brian! The boat was beautiful, the weather perfect,the views amazing! Captain Brian was especially gracious to my two young granddaughters and taught them much about sailing! I am ready to go again!

Naperville, Illinois
“Great time”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

6 of us were in Florida for a wedding and had to reschedule our sail 3 times! Brian was so flexible and our afternoon sail was perfect!!

Tampa, FL
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“We were stuck!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a mixed review for me. I originally heard of Broad Reach Charters buying a discount coupon. It was going to expire before I had a chance to use it. I called Capt. Brian and asked if we could use it about a week after it expired and he agreed. I thought that was exceptionally nice!! I told him we wanted to do a sunset cruise. He looked at the sunset times and told us to be there between 5:15 and 5:30p to board. Upon arrival he told us it was good one of my friends was running late because of the low tide - we left at 5:30p. I didn't think much about that. I assumed as a captain he understood the tides.

Anyway, we went out on our 3 hour tour. It was lovely but rough seas. I brought snacks and we all enjoyed a little treat. We started back and Capt. Brian mentioned concern over the low tide. He didn't say much - he just keep saying over and over, "wow, it's really low". Well, our 3 hour tour turned into 4+! We should have been back at the dock by 8:15 - 8:30p and it was a good bit past 9 by the time we made it back in! We were literally stuck in the sand maybe 10 feet from the dock for a good long while!!! A lady on another boat even yelled to ask if we were stuck.

Now, here is my problem with this. I assume that a boat captain would follow the tide schedules. If you knew it was going to be that exceptionally low why did you agree to take us? Especially when this was a discount coupon and you weren't making much (if any) profit. At least say to us, "It looks like the tide is going to be really low and I don't think we will be able to make it back in on time. If you still want to go we will need to stay out an extra ____ (half hour, hour - whatever)". I mean, to me that is the responsible thing to do. None of my friends understood that we would literally be stuck and we wouldn't get home until past 9. We hadn't brought enough food for this and it was just yucky. Now, we were in good company so whatever but I don't think I would charter another trip with Broad Reach. I have went out with many companies and captains in Tampa Bay and I truly don't believe the night would have turned out the same with any other captain.

To add insult to injury, when we made it back Capt. Brian told me I owed him $9.72 in sales tax. Really? That wasn't included in my online purchase? As the organizer of this event, I felt quite responsible for my friends that went on this adventure. I was disappointed and felt the need to apologize to all of them for the turn of events that evening.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Afternoon Sail”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon spent sailing. Brian taught us a lot about sailing, as well as the intracoastal waterway. We saw some dolphins near the end, putting a great explanation on a fabulous trip. This is definite must-do when in the area. See you next year, Brian!!

St. Pete Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sailing in the sun.”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I went on this charter with co-workers for a bridal shower of 6 it was amazing great customer service the table setting food everything was on point (great)very relaxing if you want to have a great time with no worries get on this charter invite me to i will go.Food available upon request or bring your own.The fish spread was Great.

Visited October 2012