“Exciting indoor event!”
Review of SimCenter - MOVED

SimCenter
Reviewed April 28, 2014

A while back, I received a Groupon from my husband for a 1-hour flight simulator experience. I forgot about it, and when I recently came across it, decided to go. Upon arrival, we discovered that in fact my Groupon had expired last year! Peter Repak (owner) told me not to worry, he would honor it, and he did. I sat in the cockpit (with instructor) of an exact replica of Boeing 737 and flew from Tampa to Orlando. It was really fun and exciting and educational. Peter is a very fascinating person and LOVES what he does. He also offers F-16 and F-35 simulators and Formula 1 Race Car simulator with plans to expand. So, after the beach and the heat, go to Sim Center Tampa Bay and have a blast!

2  Thank Deborah G
There are newer reviews for SimCenter

Reviewed April 25, 2014

My grandson Thomas and I visited the Clearwater "SimCenter" to experience the Boeing 737 and the F-35 in flight. If you ever wanted to learn more about flying, this is the place. Peter and Jozsef welcomed us and introduced us to their world of professional simulators. My grandson flew the 737 from Orlando to Miami, plus engaged in aerial dog flights after take-off and landing practice with the F-35 Lightning. We really need to go back to experience the Formula-1 car and the F-16 fighter.

To say the experience was exhilarating for him to fly and me to observe is a vast understatement. Peter and Jozsef are great instructors, very patient and obviously enthusiastic about their simulators and the software that runs them. The Boeing 737 is a full cockpit and every switch, knob, button and screen works in real time. The computer generated images on the cockpit window/screens are extremely detailed from the terminal gate to 27,000 feet. Peter leads you through all the pre-flight check, take-off and landing. He explains everything and assists in many tasks, as you the student fun-seeker truly control the aircraft. Jozsef is the expert on military aircraft and really knows his stuff. He will lead you through several exercises with the F-35 or F-16 from controlling the aircraft to simulated dog fights. Truly amazing! Bring a camera, since you will want pictures of where you were and what you did.

1  Thank Erasanen
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Short review: this place is awesome. Its fun, friendly, safe and affordable. Do it today!

Long review to follow:

Jozsef was my crew chief. He speaks with a thick accent and got me flying right away. I couldnt help but imagine being right in the middle of a NATO air sortie protecting friendlies on the ground. For my experience, much of the mission was automated; landing gear, flaps, etc... Also from a practical point of view it gets you into the action straight away. The f-16 is a reliable and rugged airplane that is easy to fly and a smart choice for your firs experience.

A previous submition suggested it was a PS3 with an expensive seat. Maybe to the unenlightened. But I argue that if a Reservist or active pilot were to slide into this very detailed machine he/she would feel right at home manually controlling every aspect of the plane and its mission start to finish. Same goes for the 737.

So for my second visit I was taking going for the big enchalada, the fully functioning Boeing 737-800 series flight deck. I have affectionately peered into the cockpit boarding a deboarding passenger jets catching glimpses of familiar objects. A low ceilong and narrow door lead into the cockpit which is illuminated only by the lighted guages and what appears to be a gate at O'Hare field I Chicago! Holy crap! I'm taking off from the busiest airport in the world (sorry ATL. O'Hare will always be #1 to me.)

Peter was my copilot for this flight. He too spoke with an accent and explained what the dozens of switches were for. Again for the sake of expediency and getting airborne asap he filed our flight plan to Indianapolis conducted preflight checklists, yadda yadda yadda, we get pushed back from the gate and began to taxi to our assigned runway. I forgot how enormous O'Hare is until the long and winding route ended with the brakes set and me looking straight down 24L (if memory serves me.)

Let there be no doubt as to the authenticity of what Peter has personally crafted. The tactile knobs, levers, switches and screens along with HD "windows" showing the ground below provided me with accurate feedback in real time. I grew up in NW Indiana under the flight paths of both O'Hare and Midway, now I was the captain of this very-well simulated airliner. A tip of my cap to fields below and then on to Indy.

Reaching altitude above 10000' it was time to auto pilot for a while and go over some of the hardware that was quickly explained in preflight. I had many questions about the 737, navigation aids, redundant systems etc... Peter was great to answer them all and add his witty and humorous comments to boot. "Roger, Roger".

The navigation equipment lined us up and we had Clarence (I mean Clearance) for our short final approach. As with takeoff, the yoke and 148 simulated passengers were in my hands. Flaps, landing gear, stay on course, watch your speed, watch out the windows, watch the guages, screens. OMG! The ground comes up fast, touchdown, reverse thrust, brakes. I'm gripping the yoke with considerable force, my heart rate is up, my palms are sweaty. I just flew in to Indianapolis, and boy, my arms really ARE tired. LOL.

It was Fantastic! Come to find out Peter had a splitting headache during this whole time but let it show. He was very cool and the cosumate professional.

Lastly I wanted less of a challenge so I thought I'd breeze through the Formula1 course and maybe set a track record in this " PS3 with a fancy seat."

I thought wrong.

Jozsef was my crew chief for this machine. Like Jackie Stewart, (Google him kids) his accent took some adjusting to understand but there was a certain comfort that it gave me. He helped me get strapped into the racing seat and went over the basic controls. I grew up in Indiana. I recently landed a damn 737 in Indy. I watched racing on TV. Lemme get out there and tear it up. Jozsef told me about the 900+ HP, turbo, some Curse thing, brake temps, tire wear, paddle shifting yadda yadda yadda..... Let's GO!

Along about the fourth turn as I am airborne, over a fence and through the woods, I said, "Tell me more about these 900 horses."

Filtering through his thick accent I remember him kindly confiscating about 700 horses. Actually I got a rally car so I could learn the track and learn when to let the horses run. As my lap speeds improved I moved up in class and HP. It was much more enjoyable and I was encouraged by my improvement. And finally I climbed back into the beast of the F1. My braking was quicker, back on the gas faster and had perfectly timed shifts.

Oh I tore it up! Literally AND figuratively. I went through body parts like Hanibal Lecter but I ended with a respectable lap time of 51+ seconds.
Afterwards I found out that Jozsef is a huge F1 fan and knows a great deal about how to harness so much power.

I have a new respect for the two dimensional speed demons. They always say that flying is the safest form of travel.

Two suggestions to make it better... The F1 experience would be a bit more convincing with some body panels forming at least an idea of a cockpit.
And adding G-forces that's really the only thing missing from the real deal.

Peter, Jozsef, best of luck at the new location, I look forward to seeing you both again soon!

This is an awesome experience that is fun, friendly, safe and affordable. Do it today!

Cris Stevens,
Dunedin, Florida

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Was not worth the $140. It is basically PS3 that you can do on your split screen TV at home or do like my son and his friends do they all bring a monitor and dog fight against 3 others at one time. Just not what I expected. You have 2 40" tv's mounted in front of you and you keep flying the same dogfight over and over.

1  Thank dyift
Peter R, Owner at SimCenter, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are constantly working on improving our service so all feedback is very helpful. Our simulators are very high fidelity. Our simulation is based on real physics unlike ordinary gaming, where physics is not important and the software works in favor of the gamer. But because the simulation is very high fidelity, we had to tone it down for the average customer - in other words, it has to be taught in 60 minutes and be enjoyable for everybody. We work very hard to make our customers happy and tailor the experience to their individual needs.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My kids and wife got me a gift certificate for the F-16 experience for two. My son and I went and got a great reception at the site. Peter the owner showed us around. He gave us a look at the 737 and F-35 simulators, then a brief lesson on the basics of the F-16. We had a great time flying against each other, and trying to remember what we learned and applying it. Peter kept an eye on us and gave us tips for a better experience. Would recommend this place to my friends and family. Had a great time.