“Dos Amigos Saved Us”

Dos Amigos Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Welcome to the Gulf of Mexico where there is warm sun and calm seas. Fishing here can be fun and exciting. Come and join our fishing adventure. We fish for Groupers, Kingfish, Barracuda, Bonito, and many other types of fish. Our boat has some nice features on it: full electronics to find and catch fish, plus dinette, a clean head, four fighting chairs and a bench seat inside out of the sun if needed. This boat is kept clean and maintained!
Traverse City, Michigan
“Dos Amigos Saved Us”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We had originally booked a fighing charter the second to last day of our trip to Florida. It was with one that is highly rated here on Tripadvisor. This was going to be the highlight of our trip for the entire family. When we woke up the morning of the trip on New Years Day, it was drizzly and we got a call from that charter company asking if we still wanted to fish in the rain? It's rain, we get a bit wet, who cares, right?! We said yes and proceeded to drive from Madiera Beach to go fishing. When we got there that boat was no where in site and we were told that the Captain had decided to cancel. Needless to say the kids were beyond disappointed and honestly we were irked that they couldn't have told us when we spoke to them on the phone earlier in the day. We understand that weather can cause cancelation but it was how it was done and the lack of assistance to try and rectify the situation. They were too busy eating their morning donuts to offer any alternatives.
This is where Capt. Tom comes in. After scambling to try and save the situation, we ran across him and Dos Amigos. Not only did he agree to take us out last minute the next day but had us come in earlier to fish so we could try to beat any weather. It was an AMAZING morning fishing with him. We caught lots of mackeral but what made the charter fun was Tom himself. He was great with the kids and colorful in his stories. I wish we would have booked with him originally and if ever in the area again, he will be our first choice this time around!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Bethany W

Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Captain and Charter we have experienced.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Knowledge, skill, and great instruction is what Captain shared with us. He was very trustworthy and took time to show us how to properly fish. When I deep sea fish next year, I'm going back to Dos Amigos. He really acts like a great friend!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ChoiceC
Indiana
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun for kids”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Captain Tom made sure every child caught lots of fish, paying particular attention to a child with special needs. A great family outing for all. Hope to see him again next year!

1 Thank cardio-2
Barbourville, Kentucky, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dos Amigos and Capt Tom Sprague”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My friends and I went grouper fishing (first time for me) with Capt Tom Sprague this past winter with Dos Amigos Fishing---the experience was awesome; Capt Tom knows his stuff, and we reeled in one fish after another. His friendly and helpful manner was rewarding. I would go again, and definitelyrecommend Dos Amigos if you're in Clearater, FL.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Frank M
Oyster Bay, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Fishing In Clearwater, Florida”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I travel a lot and have gone fishing at some great fishing spots, Cabo San Lucas, Islaorada, etc. I went fishing with Captain Tom on the Charter Boat Dos Amigos out of Clearwater, Florida and have had several fantastic fishing experiences. The boat is confortable and clean. But best of all is the fishing. I have been out with Captain Tom several times. Whether it was Kingfish in the spring or Grouper in the summer, we always caught a ton of fish and had a great time. Tom is a very entertaining and knowledgeable captain. He is very friendly and has great fishing stories. Everytime I have been out on the Dos Amigos I caught a ton of fish and had a lot of laughs. My son now wants to go shark fishing so we will be heading to Clearwater to see Captain Tom again real soon.

Visited June 2012