“Great trip and very friendly captain”

Dos Amigos Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Welcome to the Gulf of Mexico where there is warm sun and calm seas. Fishing here can be fun and exciting. Come and join our fishing adventure. We fish for Groupers, Kingfish, Barracuda, Bonito, and many other types of fish. Our boat has some nice features on it: full electronics to find and catch fish, plus dinette, a clean head, four fighting chairs and a bench seat inside out of the sun if needed. This boat is kept clean and maintained!
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went on a trip on nov 10, 2012. We all had a great time! The captain was super friendly and we got a fair amount of fish. When we returned he prepared it for us and we crossed the street to eat it at the restaurant right there. Cannot wait to do another trip with him soon!

1  Thank Pascale S

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have now booked with Captain Tom every year for the past 5 years and have never been disappointed. My husband is a diehard fisherman and thinks this Captain is the real deal. He calls him Captain Grouper because he always manages to catch the biggest Grouper when on this boat. Captain Tom knows what fish is running, where to go and gives 110% all the time to make sure you come home with a great catch. (Not always the case in our experience) The boat is very clean,he supplies everything but your food and will clean the fish for you. (You can get it cooked at Crabby Bills near the dock). My kids have grown to love fishing because of these trips on the Dos Amigos. His love of the sport is infectious and he is beyond patient with those of us who don't know what we are doing. We just booked our trip for Easter Break. I highly recommend the Dos Amigos.

2  Thank 123Lolly4
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was skeptical about taking a trip in the winter, mainly because spring and summer are raved about. However, during the winter, it may be cold in the morning, but when the sun comes up, the weather is perfect. Its crisp and cool, with sun to compliment it.

Captain Tom took us out on an 8hr trip for grouper fishing. We hit up many spots, however by the 2nd stop we hit our limit of grouper (yes he is that good and it happened that fast). So we fished for other fish, such as mackerals.

The Captain had a very great sense of humor and kept the day very fun and light. He was very professional the entire time but you can tell he loved his profession. He has been doing this for over 20 years if I remember correctly.

Overall it was a great experience, caught many fish (even brought it across the street to Crabby Bills and they cooked it for us for dinner) and had a great time. I cannot wait to bring the rest of my family (including the kids) for another fun trip.

2  Thank RedPhoenix2k1