“Fresh, non-greasy good Chinese”
Review of The Grand Siam - CLOSED

The Grand Siam
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Tampa, Florida
“Fresh, non-greasy good Chinese”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We ordered the fresh spring rolls, the pad Thai chicken, the Pad Ba-Mee chicken and pork friend rice. I wanted to order the chicken lo men but was informed that the did not have traditional lo mein, the server suggested the Pad Ba-Mee. She said it was comparable to lo mein. I had never heard of this but thought I would try it. The noodles were sort of like ramon noodles? They were wavy an kinky? It had cucumbers and mushrooms among the more typical vegetables. All the food items were really fresh tasty. The fried rice was not oily or greasy. The chicken and pork was not cut up small, but rather in big pieces. So, if you like your meet cut up small, this would not be your first choice. But by being bigger pieces, you could tell the chicken and pork were not fatty. I wouldn't call the restaurant cheap or inexpensive, like you generally think of Chinese. They also did not have duck sauce.

• Visited June 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Wow! Great lunch!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

A friend invited me to meet her for lunch at The Grand Siam. I was a little hesitant because I have not had great sushi in St Petersburg. But this was fabulous! I had a lunch box special that included soup, a California roll, several pieces of sushi, great chicken pad Thai, and a nice seafood salad. All that for $11! It was all excellent and fresh.

I really hope this place can make it. The food and atmosphere are great. The address says Clearwater, but I think it is officially in St Petersburg. A great location for business people from Carillon. For tourists and locals looking for a great sushi or Thai meal - this is worth the trip!

• Visited March 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“For the price, the quality and the great flavor = 4.5stars”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

OK, why 4.5 stars? ... well, I was just in Bangkok, Thailand and it doesn't get any better than that. BUT, here in Clearwater or Tampa for that matter, "The Grand Siam" is the best Thai food you will find unless you catch a flight to Thailand. Highly Recommended.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank fdoamerica
“Fabulous”
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We tried Grand Siam for the first time tonight. It's practically in my sisters back yard so she will be one of the regulars now. I am from Sarasota and will Definitely have to visit my sister more. Loved it!

Clearwater, Florida
“A complete restuarant”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I heard about Grand Siam that we drove from Clearwater and had a wonderful experience there last night. The atmosphere was relaxing that we could sit down and enjoy our delicious foods. We had grouper and garlic sauce, shrimp tom-yum, vegetable and cashew, fried fish patty, sum-tum and wine. We could taste the freshness of the grouper and shrimp, the vegetables and cashews were so crisp and fresh. If you look for a Thai restuarant with excellent foods, great atmosphere, polite service and fair price then we highly recommend Grand Siam.

• Visited February 2013