All reviews poolside room staying at this hotel wonderful stay nice room rooms are clean the hotel staff rri sean pets
Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

Upon arriving to hotel we were excited we have stayed there before and it was an enjoyable stay after checking in it went downhill from there first we were on the total other side of the hotel and I have a bad back and a bad knee which made for quite a walk then we get in the room I go to relax and it's quite hot but I still unpack us I always do and turn AC down to 63 and just try to give it time as I go outside to smoke a cigarette I stop by the front desk and ask if there's ever been any issues with that room they say no so I say well it's quite warm but I'll give it a little bit more time after two and a half hours it's still hot and uncomfortably hot at that so I call downstairs and they say they will switch the room so he brings the keys moves us four rooms down and after I packed everything up and we go to walk in the new room it smells of marijuana so strongly I had to walk right back out and walk into the old room so I called back he said oh I'm sorry I think we had an issue in the room next door I'll bring you keys to a different room so he has the maintenance man bring the keys the Next Room isn't bad but it almost has a strong scent of mildew as did the first one so thinking this was going to be an enjoyable easy trip turn to switching rooms a total of 2 times and every time we left out having to walk completely around the hotel didn't help my pain much not sure if I'll try this hotel again the bathroom was very dirty and as I've indicated we've stayed at this hotel before and enjoyed it very much so I'm disappointed that I have to give it such a bad review

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2017

One word: ROACHES

Upon checking in, the room they had for us was not ready. So, the guy at the desk "upgraded" us to a King Deluxe. There was one entrance, once elevator for the whole place. When we got into our room, it was pretty minimal, but that was okay. We had only reserved it for one night. The "Deluxe" room was a corner room, with the window facing the pool, so it was pretty loud.

The bathroom was pretty sketchy. The tub tiles were reglued and it looked dirty.

About 5 am I woke up to use the restroom and when I turned on the light, roaches crawled into a hole in the wall. NOPE! I instantly woke my husband up and we packed up to leave, checking our suitcase and all of our belongings. When I made it to the front desk to let them know, no one ever came. We hollered and waited a few moments, before tossing the room key on the counter and LEAVING.

I have since contacted the booking site, as well as the hotel in regards to this. The hotel claimed they needed to view the tape to see that I tried to let them know... no problem, please review. They ended up refunding the booking price, but I will never stay here again. Not even the brand. Horrible customer service, even worse cleanliness.

Room tip: There are none.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

The place was in a great location near everything. Great restaurants and shopping close to the airport. A light continental breakfast is served. Dog friendly with pretty atmosphere. Sean is very accommodating and knowledgeable. We'll be back!

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Steve P
Brandi S, Manager at Red Roof Inn St Petersburg - Clearwater/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2017

Steve,
Thank you for your great review of your recent stay with us at Red Roof Inn Clearwater Airport! We are pleased to hear you appreciated the location and enjoyed the free continental breakfast. We are always pet-friendly, and we will pass along your compliments to Sean. Let us know when you're next visit is so we can get your perfect room ready!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

I booked this place because it came up as a 3 star hotel near where I was staying. This hotel should be 2 stars AT BEST! Upon arrival, the experience starts off bad with loud drunks yelling and cursing at the top of their lungs just outside the front door making one think "what did I get myself into" from the moment you get there. From there, things go downhill! Room was dingy and dirty. All the furniture was stained (from what I am afraid to think about), which left me uncomfortable with where to sit in the room. The place was just gross. Had it be flagged as a two star hotel then fine, you get what you book. The fact it was 3 stars is ridiculous and misleading. When I got back from my trip I washed everything (even the items that remained in my suitcase), in hot hot hot water. Maybe I should have just burned my suite case after leaving the hotel. After reading this review and you still decide to stay there, remember, YOU WERE WARNED!

Room tip: Sleep in your rental car before staying here!
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank TravelMike123
Brandi S, Manager at Red Roof Inn St Petersburg - Clearwater/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear Guest,
We are so sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Keeping unruly guest calm can be challenging and we do apologize for that happening in front of you. Our property is in the process of being renovated, and we are aware that some furniture and items are still dated. If you'd like to talk to our General Manager about your stay, I would encourage you to call the hotel directly and see if we can make it up to you.

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

This is a sorry operation and will not return or recommend! Had reservation thru booking. Com but wow what a joke. Waited for someone to check me in and sadly walked out!! The lobby was filthy and some much on front desk you could hardly see where to register!! DESPISE GIVING REVIEW LIKE THIS!!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Brandi S, Manager at Red Roof Inn St Petersburg - Clearwater/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. If you'd like to talk to our GM about it please call the hotel directly. Again, sorry for your inconvenience.