“Awesome ultralight ride and view.”

Sky Surfing Scenic Intro Flights
Ranked #1 of 79 Tours in Clearwater
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine soaring over Clearwater's white sandy beaches and abundant marine life while you enjoy unobstructed views in the "MOTORCYCLE OF THE SKY!" A certified flight instructor will teach you how to fly these amazing and extremely safe aircraft as you take in the incredible sites of the Gulf Coast. This is a hands-on experience and each customer leaves with a certificate showing instruction received that applies towards a FAA Pilot license.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am 13 years old and I didn't know what to expect but it was way better than I thought it would be. The ride was very smooth, relaxing and the instructor (Dane) was very nice and informative. We saw manatees, schools of tarpon, and a beautiful view. If you want a out of the ordinary but very awesome experience this is the place to go. It is a must see attraction in the St.Petersburg/Clearwater area.

2  Thank Siggeydug

Reviewed June 22, 2013

From the moment you meet Dain you can see how matching your passion with what you do for work is the ultimate goal in life!! Clear explanations for what you will be doing what he will be doing and how when this all works together your going to have an amazing memorable journey. If you have any fear going on the inside, Dain has ten fold the calm coming from him. Breath taking views added to well taken care of ultra light plane equals a very enjoyable way to see our beautiful gulf bay. I can't wait for the next flight!! Bring extra cash for the video and pictures IT WAS MORE THAN WORTH IT!! I have already convinced my niece to go!! Thanks for the amazing flight. We will see you again.

2  Thank Thampton1969
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Would totally recommend this for ANYONE! What a great way to spend the day with beautiful views of the water. Instructor Dane was awesome!!! Totally awesome experience for everyone!!!!!!!!! Its a must see and experience!!! One of a kind for sure!!!

3  Thank A Marie E
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Father's Day gift turned into amazing adventure. My recommendation is to do it now and you'll be the envy of everyone when they view the video of your flight.

I'm a licensed pilot and have flown a number of aircraft as well as ultra-lights ....this is no ultra-light.... it's more like a Ferrari with wings. After a complete introduction to the aircraft and what to expect we took off for Clearwater Beach and amazing views. While cruising in the smooth air over the beach I knew I didn't want this to end and booked another hour of flight to start immediately. With that we headed north along the coastline along Caladesi Island, Honeymoon Island, and Anclote Key. Along the way I took the controls and we made a number of 360` turns to get a better view of dolphins and the shoreline. I've walked and cruised these island shorelines many times but have never seen the true beauty of them until I flew low over them. Once back at the airport I made plans to have my wife and brother experience this amazing adventure as well as plan to get my pilot rating for this "Ferrari" of the sky. Dane is a great pilot and fully certified instructor with years of experience so I have no hesitation in returning to the sky with him.

2  Thank j k
Reviewed June 19, 2013

What a great time! It was so neat to fly over Dunedin and Clearwater beach and view those places you know from up above! I knew I was in competent hands, Dane has years of flying experience! Loved it!

2  Thank Diane G