“Bring your camera and a towel”

Surf-Style Flowrider Indoor Surfing Wave Machine
More attraction details
Owner description: The FlowRider Indoor surf machines let surfers practice without subjecting them to the dangers of strong undertows, jagged rocks, and sharks that denounce the value of a college degree. Amid Surf Style's cavalcade of retail shops, the rushing tides of the FlowRider artificial surf machine lures thrill seekers of all ages. A combination of surfing, snowboarding, and skateboarding, FlowRider, which has been featured in the St. Petersburg Times, challenges wave gliders to balance atop surging currents reminiscent of Mother Nature's towering waves. A soft riding surface absorbs inevitable wipeouts, and windows flank the sides of the surf center, allowing onlookers to peer in during each radical carving session. Catering to experienced boarders and rookies alike, FlowRider affords enough riding space to practice tricks, hone skills, and pump veins with more adrenaline than the amount that results from making friends with a T-shirt cannon.Free parking is available inside Surf Style's sprawling garage, which touts a 44-foot-tall marine mural crafted by Guy Harvey. Although not included with today's Groupon, visitors can also take advantage of the beach emporium's retail shops, restaurant, and convenience store.
Lakeland, Florida
“Bring your camera and a towel”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We took my daughter's softball team to the beach for a couple of days and stumbled across this indoor surfing. The girls had a blast, while we had loads of laughs! This looks like it would be suitable for all ages. The staff are incredibly helpful and fun. We will be going back for sure!!!

Visited June 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great for the Kids”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My two boys (ages 7 and 4 at the time) both had a ball. They loved it, I was concerned that they would be too young, but the attendents made sure they had equal time and really helped them out. Will be back.

Visited July 2012
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank wlrogersjr
Plant City, Florida, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun for all”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and myself first experienced the Flowrider while cruising with Royal Caribbean a couple of summers ago. When we found out Surf Style had an indoor Flowrider and found groupons to boot, we signed right up. We have visited Surf Style about 4 times over the last two years. My daughter turns 9 this summer and she has asked for a FlowRider party! Looking into booking the party as I write :)
Great to visit in the winter months when it is too cold for the beach.
If you are thinking about trying it out, don't hesitate. It is very safe, even if you fall down. Make sure you wear tight fitting bottoms though!

Visited March 2013
Largo, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a rush!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been going 2 X weekly for some time now and love it! I find that going early in the morning is the best time to get the most rides, although a few fellow flow boarders make it more fun. I'm 75 years old. If I can do this, anyone can. Join the fun!
Silver Surfer

Visited March 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Walter P
“Rawesome excitement! Fun the whole family can enjoy!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Awesome surfing simulator. Not to mention decently priced. I didn't stand up too much, the body surfing is fun all on its own. Super warm water.

Visited May 2013