“Most Delicious Birthday Dinner, Ever!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Salt N Pepper Bistro
Ranked #6 of 685 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a small family own and operated Bistro. All our cooking is done at order using fresh ingredients. We carry a nice selection of meat, seafood and fresh pasta dish. We also serve savory or sweet crepes.We offer a very nice selection of imported Paulaner beer and a large variety of wine by the glass or bottle. Our Bistro is small so please make a reservation.
O'Fallon, IL, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most Delicious Birthday Dinner, Ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family & I ended our Clearwater Vacation (also my Birthday dinner), with the best dinner we had while in Florida, at the Salt N Pepper Bistro! We had read such amazing reviews about this place, we had to try it for ourselves...and we were NOT disappointed. A cozy French Bistro, with fantastic dishes that are made from fresh ingredients, and a Chef that cares about not only each meal he prepares, but the people eating them as well. The Chef came by to check on our family (at table 2) and cracked us up as he shared stories about how he & his family came to own & operate Salt N Pepper...what a great way to make your guests feel so welcome! I had the Crepe Chicken Supreme and it really was one of the most delicious things I have ever eaten! We had really hoped to have dessert (because I am sure they are fabulous) but we were so happy & full after our meal, that we decided that the next time we vacation in FL, we will make a special trip back here and save room for dessert!! Thanks to the Chef & his wife for a great ending to our vacation!

1 Thank Michelle B

Clearwater, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb! Vraiment français!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I ate a superb dinner at Salt n Pepper last night. I have traveled extensively in France and the chicken provençale I had reminded me of the simple but perfectly cooked dishes I have had in bistros and auberges in France. There is nothing "fancy" about about Salt n Pepper. They obviously concentrate on good food rather than on interior decoration.
I only recently discovered Salt n Pepper (through a friend's gift certificate) and from now on if I want a real French meal, I will go to Salt n Pepper!
Oh, one more thought: I had a glass of ordinary table wine ("vin ordinaire" in France) that Salt n Pepper recommended to me to go with the chicken provençale. I have to be careful with red wines because (like many Asians) I find some red wines a bit rough on the edge, but this wine was very smooth, had a gentle, subtle taste with a good bouquet and went perfectly with the chicken. (People usually drink white wine with chicken, but for provençale sauce you need a red.)

1 Thank Johann F
Belmont, North Carolina
“Could possibly be the best restaurant experience of my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My Husband and I went to the Salt N Pepper Bistro for our anniversary dinner while staying in Clearwater. The Hostess was extremely pleasant and friendly. She and her Husband (the Chef) have developed a wonderful atmosphere that is both hospitable and welcoming. The lobster bisque is the best bisque I have ever tasted. So creamy with fresh bits of lobster and a wonderful blend of seasonings. Not at all over-powering. We shared the strawberry, chocolate crepe and it was heavenly! The only thing stopping us from going back the second night was the Clearwater traffic. If you are anywhere near Clearwater you must try this slice of French Heaven in FL!!

2 Thank Lisa C
“Best lobster bisque anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at the S&P Bistro during an anniversary visit to Clearwater. The Chef makes the BEST Lobster Bisque either of us has ever had. the rest of the meal and experience was wonderful as well and the Strawberry Fantasy crepe for dessert was just the best. and the staff the staff is extraordinarily Nice..(no pun intended). It is rare these days to actually come across a restaurant that actually puts care and effort in to food and dining experience. My highest review for the husband and wife team at the S&P.

Palm Harbor, Florida
“Delicious food and gracious hosts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant finally. So glad we did. Upon walking in the atmosphere was a little casual, not stuffy at all like some french restaurants I've been to. I wore a nice pair of bermuda shorts and a blouse with sandals and felt appropriately dressed. Our server ( I imagine is the chef's wife but not sure) was so warm and friendly. We ordered the lobster bisque and the Montagardne (sp?) as an appetizer. Both were absolutely delicious. The lobster bisque was the best I ever had. It had so much fresh lobster in it. My husband found a little piece of lobster shell so you know it was fresh. For entrees he had the duck l'orange and I had a salmon special. My husband looked like his was in another world while he was eating his duck. The sauce on my salmon was wonderful. We shouldn't have, but we finished the meals off with the Choco Coco crepe and espressos for dessert. OMG. So good. Talk about a food coma!

My suggestion is to arrived hungry!!

1 Thank lovemytanner