“Small portions, Big disappointment” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kingfish Grill and Tap House - CLOSED

Kingfish Grill and Tap House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Interstate 275
Description: Kingfish Grill and Tap House is a new restaurant located next to Ramada Clearwater Airport. Kingfish Grill offers fin dining in a casual setting, all of the food is made to order and everything is fresh. Kingfish Grill and Tap House is known for being the 2012 winner of the Taste of Clearwater. We offer daily happy hour from 3pm to 7pm and serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Seminole, FL
“Small portions, Big disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I came recently for a late dinner based on the recommendation of some friends, and left hungry and disappointed. The problem was not the service, which was alright, but the food, which was average in taste and presentation. I first ordered the french onion soup, and was served a small cup of lukewarm onions and broth with a very small piece of cheese bobbing in the middle. French onion soup should always be served blazing hot to ensure the cheese is melted across the top, so this didn't quite make it. I gave it back, and the server returned not with a fresh cup, but the same soup now hot enough to eat. It was just average.
Next I ordered the blackened chicken sandwich seved on a roll with bacon, lettuce, etc along with fries and pickle. I was given a sandwich with the smallest portion of chicken I've ever seen served in all my years eating out. The chicken barely covered half the roll it was on. I can think of a dozen local restaurants that sell a similar sandwich at the same price or less, and serve it with two or three times as much chicken. I gave it to the manager, who returned again with the same sandwich (now cold) and no apologies. Instead, he said the cook told him the standard portion is 4 oz. At this point, I felt insulted knowing the manager would rather give excuses than offer to fix the problem. I took the sandwich and left, and I don't plan on returning. Not recommended.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pav777

Knoxville, Tennessee
“GROUPON COUPON.Terms stated are not honored. DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING by restaurant.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

My dissatisfaction with this restaurant has been elevated to a complaint. I have purchased a Groupon coupon, with terms stated by the restaurant not good for alcohol, and other terms, however nothing was stated under their terms about 18% tip. If restaurant wants 18% mandatory tip, they should state that under the terms of the coupon usage, before I make the purchase of the coupon. Brian bartender/manager came over to the table and showed me on the bottom of the bill where it is printed that all coupons and promotions are billed 18% tip. I said fine, but if you want to mandate 18% tip you should put that on the coupon before I purchased the coupon.
The Complaint. Next day called the restaurant ask to speak with Robert who I believe is the owner. After two phone calls both stating he was not in I called back the third time and ask to Speak with a manager. Lo and behold, wouldn't you know the manager who came to the phone was Brian. I asked Brian to have the owner call me or whoever was in charge of promoting the coupons online call me. He said he would give the message to Christa and have her call me. I have not heard from the management or the owner, and certainly shows that the management does not care about customer satisfaction. I noticed a posting on this site dated December 22 with a similar Complaint. Seems to me that the management wants to misrepresent the promotion by padding the bill 18%. Why else would they not had it printed on the coupon before you purchase it. Curious what they might say to a customer calling in questioning the terms of using a coupon, I had my wife call. They said all the terms are stated on the coupon when you purchase it. My wife ask is there any mandatory tip using a coupon, the hostess or who ever answered the phone, said only if it's in a large party, It is 15 or 18%. Again misrepresenting the coupon deal. Instead of bragging about the food. I'm complaining about the DECEPTIVE ADVERTISING and business practices!!!! I welcome a call from Robert the owner or the general manager Christa, however it appears they're not interested in calling me or what I have to say. So I said it here. Hoping that they will change the way they advertise their Groupon and other coupon promotions.

4 Thank eatwhere
United States
“Great Oysters and Filet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Best Fresh Oysters in the Tampa Bay Area! Filet Mignon was superb. Not quite an upscale dining experience but the food makes up for it. I also stopped by for Lunch and the special was Fish Tacos with Pico de Gallo. It was good, fresh and reasonable. Overall a good experience and good food.

• Visited February 2013
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excelent Service & Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food was delicious and the drinks are awesome. The staff was very nice and the food came out fast. They have a good selection of draft beer and alot of mix drinks. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2013
Kenosha, WI
“Great food, GREAT service - Thanks Melissa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I followed others' reviews of this restaurant and I'm so glad I did. The food was absolutely outstanding and the service was delightful. Our server, Melissa was fantastic - everything came out at just the right moment and was just to die for! We ordered crabcakes for an appetizer, but it could have been an entree! It came with a delicous corn/black bean salsa and watercress. I had grouper and my husband had shrimp scampi - both the best ever.

• Visited January 2013