“Local Surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

JB's Island Cafe
Ranked #112 of 685 Restaurants in Clearwater
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kissimmee, Florida
“Local Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Looking a for a spot for breakfast we came across this little cafe a little hidden off of Madalay. We were pleasantly surprised by the food and service. They have both inside and outside seating whatever your preference may be. Our order was taken and no time was lost before we started to eat. The plates are fairly proportioned that my fiancée had quite some trouble with his plate which I was Impressed with. Unlimited coffee was delicious and they were great with asking us if we needs anything else. We took our time and we felt welcome. I especially liked how many of the locals came in and were greeted by name. There is just a friendly atmosphere I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Hamilton, Canada
“A jewel in the CB Crown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great place. The atmosphere is amazing with the sports memorabilia on the wallas and the postcards from former customers. Amazing food. I had the Los Cobos and the Grouper warp and both were outstanding. Service was prompt, professional, friendly, and quite frankly better than I have seen in many 5-star restaurants. My wife and I will definitely be coming back for more food at this location on our next trip to the beach.

Visited October 2013
Abilene, TX
“Diner feel, diner food...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

...with some interesting local items. Service is fast, can be grumpy. Food is consistent with the diner experience. Used to be fast and cheap, now it's just fast - though there are still a few inexpensive options. Want to get in and out and on with your day? This place works for that.

• Visited August 2013
Los Gatos, California
“A good dive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our concierge at the Hyatt recommended this hole in the wall. It was definitely a locals hang out, and the staff was pleasant. The breakfast was basic, good and fast, nothing fantastic but cheap. Our kids only want pancakes anyway, and it's ridiculous to spend $25 on the hotel buffet when they don't eat, so this was a good money-saver. However, when I'm on vacation I want to be comfortable and have some sort of a view. I probably would rather spend a bit more and get a bit more next time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Clearwater, Florida
“Best little place on Clearwater Beach for breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is the place where all the locals go. Great omelettes and their home fries are done perfectly. You will not be disappointed at all. There is a reason. JB's has been around for over 20 years

Visited July 2013