“Gorgeous Gulf Views!”

Pier House 60 Marina Hotel
Ranked #10 of 98 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel is lovely. Helpful, friendly staff. Super clean and big rooms. Very convenient location. Step outside, cross the street and you are on the beach. Free wifi. Views facing gulf and breathtaking. Only downside is $15/day parking charge, which is fairly common amongst the hotels on the beach. The rooftop bar has breathtaking sunset views.

Room Tip: The 10th floor gulf side rooms are fantastic. Facing the gulf you hear a bit of traffic, so the hig...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katskies

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel was referred as an overflow hotel from a conference I was attending. I was pleasantly surprised once I was in my room. The room was larger than most hotel rooms and it had a great view of the gulf. The rooftop bar does have one of the best views around and a great place to see sunset. I was happy that they had free internet but was shocked to find that the hotel will sensor which websites you visit. I travel quite a bit and never experienced this before. It felt strange to me and made me wonder what else I was going to experience

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank John I
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Perfect location ..right across Clearwater Beach. Breakfast spread was good (hot items were sausage patties and eggs). The rooms were clean and comfortable and the view (Gulf View) was beautiful - I was in room 717. Went to the rooftop once but I could see why it would be one of the best places to see the sunset - they have a countdown sunset clock. Staff was very friendly. Only thing I didn't like was the $15 a day parking. I would definitely stay here again next time we visit Clearwater Beach.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank soring78
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Loved the location and cleanliness of this hotel as well as the extremely spacious room. Cannot overstate how clean and how large our room was. Very comfortable king bed. Large, clean bathroom. Did I mention how wonderfully clean and spacious everything was? The mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker made for great convenience. We so enjoyed seeing dolphins out our front beach view windows while laying in bed! Loved sitting on the balcony that overlooked the Marina and had an awesome view of the Clearwater Beach Pier. All the staff were helpful and friendly. The cleaning crew were really, really good. Really loved watching the sunset from the 10th floor bar/hut. Appreciated the light breakfast provided. Loved our stay so much, we extended our stay two days, from original seven days to nine. Did not mind the parking fee since it was secured and covered. Also appreciated that this hotel participates in and provides the Free Local Rides program.

Room Tip: 601, 701, 801 & 901 face the beach AND have a side balcony that overlooks the Marina and Clearwa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rhdtravels
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed for 6 nights to attend friends wedding. I travel alot and use this website to find my lodging. I want to thank the front desk staff especially Liz with her great smile. Every time you walk by staff is saying hello. Everything reported is true regarding the new hotel from all areas including the rooftop bar. I went there every night but only able to make 2 sunsets and those experiences were terrible. The bartender/server such rude service. I just made sunset & asked for a shot , the bartender response was...." We only give shots to paying customers!" OMG! I am staying at the hotel for six nights are you kidding me! The shot was not worth it.
That response ruined my evening!
It seems from reading some previous and current reviews there have been other complaints.
ALL the other staff I met during my stay were excellent and I will return.
Also we did enjoy the extra housekeeping touch of towel animals!!
Also want to thank you for referral to Lou's Salon @ the Holiday Inn. My hair looked great for the wedding!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank OTBART1
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Loved the location of this hotel - it is the best. Front faces the beach, sea and Pier 60. Rear overlooks the marina so no bad views from any room.

We had a room at the rear with a lovely balcony and fabulous views.

The room was spacious with a roomy walk in shower - the best one of the holiday and we have stayed in 13 hotels!!

Room had two comfortable Queen beds, microwave, fridge, TV, alarm clock, coffee maker - everything you need for a great stay.

Be warned though if you want to do your own food in the microwave, buy your food before getting here - only the CSV chemist and food mart and deli that we could find to buy any food - rest is take-away places and restaurants.

Free breakfast included - it is basic and not a fabulous choice but cereal, fruit juice, fruit, bacon patties, omelette patties, yoghurt, toast, bagels and coffee. Not many hotels offer free breakfast so nice little touch.

The parking is directly below the hotel and is drive in and drive out - you simply but a notice in your window to allow you to park there. $15 a day plus tax is reasonable compared to $38 in New Orleans - made it easy too - no long walks with suitcases.

Free wifi in all rooms.

Friendly helpful team of staff. We also got a buy one get one half price for the rooftop bar.

Heated outdoor pool - not huge but enough. Anyway you are just facing the beach.

Only thing I would recommend the hotel to do is provide more tourism leaflets for guests to access - but there is a visitor centre at Pier 60 which is just across the road.

Room Tip: We had a rear room with a balcony overlooking the marina - it was lovely - on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ScooterJuly
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Was surprised by the level of service at check in. Was even more surprised by the condition and appearance of the room. Both were excellent. Breakfast was very nicely done in the mornings. The workout room was beyond adequate. It was a very enjoyable place to be. The only part that didn't fit at all was the roof top bar...this place was a dive, rough crowd and everything..completely hated it and the service at the bar was horrible. Stay away from the bar and the place is top notch. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013