“The newest....and best hotel on Clearwater beach?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pier House 60 Marina Hotel
Ranked #11 of 95 Hotels in Clearwater
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“The newest....and best hotel on Clearwater beach?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

As locals, we often have mini stay-cations on gulf beaches and we were sad when our favorite hotel was booked for the night we wanted to get away. I stumbled upon some reviews for pierhouse 60 and couldn't believe the price vs positive reviews and booked straight away. We were in a gulf view king.
Check in was a breeze. We arrived at 12:00pm and wanted to get ourselves checked in so that we could use the parking facilities. Surprise! Our room was already available and we were handed our keys. We opened the door to the room and were delighted with what we saw. Rooms are immaculate and far bigger than the shoe boxes you usually pay for on the beach. For the same price as an interior room at the hilton, we got a spacious and tastefully decorated room with a great view. Nice size bathroom and fridge and microwave.....perfect for if your staying a little longer and would like to store food. Comfortable bed, heavy curtains...smelled like clean linen :-)

Now, I'd like mention one thing. This is not a resort. There is no room service, no restaurant. It is a hotel. This suits us fine as resort style vacationing is not our thing. I object to resort fees and feeling like I have to tip every time someone opens a door or smiles at me. The rooms and hotel look like more stars than rated, but it is just a hotel. Staff are nice, breakfast is basic. The rooftop bar is nice. Great views, strong drinks and there was an acoustic duo playing who were pretty good. The beach is across the street, but clearwater beach has done a great job of making sure pedestrians can safely cross.

I enjoyed my stay immensely. Again great hotel. Not a resort. We can't wait to come back.

1 Thank EllieC82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Step across the street and you're on the beach! When you've had enough sun, come back to your clean, spacious room, welcomed back by friendly staff. We really enjoyed our experience here. The breakfast is basic--our only "complaint", if you will, but that's what we eat at home, and if we had wanted more, restaurants are right down the street in easy walking distance. Easy parking in and out, great views, and they even provided beach towels. A great stay for this family!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent five days here for our stay at Clearwater and were very pleased with our choice. Perhaps the best feature of the hotel is its location as it is smack bang in the middle of Clearwater and really convenient for the pier, the beach and the tourist boat trips. We stayed on the 10th floor and had amazing views of Clearwater beach for the sunsets and would really recommend it. Don't be put off by the rooftop bar being on the same level as the sound-proofing is really good and we found the room to be really quiet.

The room was clean, modern and functional and came with all the facilities you would expect (although strangely not a safe, which seems to be a bit of an oversight for a brand new hotel). The cleaning staff are to be commended as the room was immaculate every day, with a different animal-towel every day too (it'll make sense when you see it)! Breakfast is included, which is great, but the quality was a little disappointing as it was buffet-style with foam cups and plates, plastic cutlery and a limited selection, whilst the food quality itself was average. Service was always good and we loved being able to easily head to the rooftop bar for a few drinks every night.

The hotel’s lower levels are for parking and the $15 day rate was reasonable, and we were grateful for the parking as the public car parks quickly got full every day. The hotel also has a pool, which is a welcome break from the beach in the August heat as it really cools you down. The pool was a little small but was perfect for us as a couple, not sure so for large families.

Overall the hotel has something of a ‘no frills’ feel but is in a great location and offers good value. If you are looking for a more ‘resort-style’ hotel then this probably isn’t the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Gulf-side for sunset views - the higher the better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Supers0n1c1977
Portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here for 5 days, customer service was excellent, room cleanliness spectacular. Breakfast included which is good. Parking is $15 a day which is cheep compared to Miami, fantastic location, we stayed on the 8 th floor had a balcony with a beautiful view over the harbour. Watched the sunset from the roof top bar. Pool is small but most people head for the beach as its beautiful. You can rent chairs and umbrellas on an hourly bases. They also rent half tent type covers, would be great if you have kids. Would recommend this place to stay. Best lunch we had was at crabbie bills, lots of seafood but lots of food fried!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8 th floor, quiet room, beautiful room and view
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a trip to Clearwater and we stayed here. We got a room on the 7th floor and had no problem checking in (we got there at like 11PM) driving from Texas. Our room was great. We had a nice balcony with a view of the harbor. I awoke the next morning to a beautiful sunrise in the harbor that streaked across the sky (looked more like a sunset!). Breakfast was included in the room price. Pretty good selection: cold cereals, oatmeal, different juices, coffee, fruit, pastries, bagels, muffins and the only "hot" breakfast was sausage and eggs. I don't see how people complained about this, (not having enough variety, etc) this is a hotel, not an all inclusive resort.

My husband slept in the first morning so I took advantage of the workout room. It's pretty sparse, with just a few cardio machines, a cable machine and a full rack of dumbbells. But it was all I needed to get in a good, sweaty workout. Beach is right across the street, literally only a 2-3 minute walk. You can check out towels at the front desk. I left my flip flops and they are shipping them back to me (with me paying for shipping, of course). $15 per night to park in the garage. Thought it was worth it (and I think most beach front hotels charge for parking, so it's the norm). Car didn't have to sit in the hot sun all day and finding a place to park was no problem. We were the only car parked on garage level 4.

Located right next to the marina and only a short walk from plenty of restaurants and shopping. We went up to Jimmy's Crow's Nest on the 10th floor one night to watch the sunset. Everybody got a free cocktail right at sunset and they rang the bell. It was a beautiful. The bar is open to the public, but they cannot access the levels the rooms are on from the elevator without sliding a room key, so that's a nice safety feature. I wouldn't get a room underneath the bar though. I couldn't hear it from the 7th floor, but I can imagine those right underneath would have a hard time going to sleep if they were a light sleeper.

Overall great experience and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Beautiful sunrise from the harbor view rooms. Don't get a room directly below the bar (level 9...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Spent a week here and it was the best week ive had in a long time. I got to the hotel around 10:30am and I had a feeling I wasn't going to be able to get a room being that people were still checking out. sure enough there were no rooms available. so Arely asked me to leave my number with her so that when a room was ready she would call me. so I left my bags with them so that me and my girl friend would walk around for a bit. as we were getting set to leave BOOM a room was available! so we went upstairs got to the room and it smelled BEAUTIFUL! that was the first thing I noticed, then I noticed how nice it was. we had the balcony view and its a nice view because u can see the boats come in and out and also see the sunrise if u wake up early enough. the rooms with the sunset view have no balconies and to be honest the sunset really isn't a big deal. I rather have the balcony so that I can lounge there with a drink and just relax. so each day when housekeeping cleans ur room they leave an animal made up of towels lol my girlfriend loved it. each day was a different one. complimentary breakfast is free each morning but after 3 days igot tired of eating sausage and eggs. maybe they should change it up and have pancakes or French toast. as far as breakfast goes its sausage, egg, fruits, bagels, muffins, pastries, coffee, tea, orange juice, cranberry juice, apple juice and 3 different cereals. not bad as u save money on breakfast. the hotel is in a VERY convenient location. you have everything u need by u. the beach is a 2 minute walk. if u need towels for the beach u have to ask concierge. there is NO ROOM SERVICE. I really don't care about the room service because there is a lot of FINE DINING in the area. on the top floor is jimmys crows nest iguana bar. its ok the wait staff is very nice but the menu...eh its not much of a menu if ur hungry. im sure im missing something but feel free to ask me and ill answer as best I can. I WILL DEFINITELY BE COMING BACK!

Room Tip: I say go for the balcony rooms. sunset view rooms are over rated. u can go upstairs to the bar to se...
1 Thank rbtwo4
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have just stayed at the pier 60 for 4 nights departig 9th September and enjoyed the place. The location is ideal, they have a rooftop bar for sunsets every night, breakfast was included in the rate and they had free wifi. Parking was $15 per night. Reception staff was very helpful. We had a harbour view with a balcony and the views were awesome. Beach was a 3 minute walk from the hotel and there was pleny of bars and restaraunts in clearwater to keep you occupied.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 9th floor goood views but may be a bit quieter than the 10th floor were the roo...